Brian Lamela confirms on Twitter that his brother Erik won’t be starting for Spurs v Newcastle
- November 10, 2013
After a scintillating display for Tottenham against Sheriff on Thursday night, in which Erik Lamela scored, won a penalty and was confirmed as man of the match, many Spurs fans had hoped the Argentine would start against Newcastle on Sunday afternoon.
However, if Erik’s brother Brian is to be believed, the former Roma forward has not yet done enough to force his way into Andre Villas-Boas’ starting XI.
It would be no surprise if AVB goes with the same three behind Roberto Soldado that played at Everton: Andros Townsend, Lewis Holtby and Aaron Lennon.
We can though expect to see Lamela at some point, especially if Spurs continue to struggle in creating clear cut chances versus the Toon.
Brian Lamela’s Tweet to a Spurs fan on Twitter can be seen below.
@CaptainBatch i think that no
— Brian Lamela (@brianlamela) November 9, 2013
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]