- Sunderland’s John’ O Shea: ‘I won’t be shaking Jack Colback’s hand before derby v Newcastle’
- His Name Is A Shop! Lenell John Lewis stars in Grimsby’s brilliant Christmas message [Video]
- Robbie Keane trains with Ireland’s Special Olympics football team [Video]
- Falcao starts! Aston Villa v Manchester United [Team Sheets]
- Perth Glory’s 17 yr old Daniel De Silva makes his own volley with back to goal! (Keeper though!)
Brian Lamela confirms on Twitter that his brother Erik won’t be starting for Spurs v Newcastle
After a scintillating display for Tottenham against Sheriff on Thursday night, in which Erik Lamela scored, won a penalty and was confirmed as man of the match, many Spurs fans had hoped the Argentine would start against Newcastle on Sunday afternoon.
However, if Erik’s brother Brian is to be believed, the former Roma forward has not yet done enough to force his way into Andre Villas-Boas’ starting XI.
It would be no surprise if AVB goes with the same three behind Roberto Soldado that played at Everton: Andros Townsend, Lewis Holtby and Aaron Lennon.
We can though expect to see Lamela at some point, especially if Spurs continue to struggle in creating clear cut chances versus the Toon.
Brian Lamela’s Tweet to a Spurs fan on Twitter can be seen below.
@CaptainBatch i think that no
— Brian Lamela (@brianlamela) November 9, 2013
- Updated: November 10, 2013