Brian Lamela confirms on Twitter that his brother Erik won’t be starting for Spurs v Newcastle
After a scintillating display for Tottenham against Sheriff on Thursday night, in which Erik Lamela scored, won a penalty and was confirmed as man of the match, many Spurs fans had hoped the Argentine would start against Newcastle on Sunday afternoon.
However, if Erik’s brother Brian is to be believed, the former Roma forward has not yet done enough to force his way into Andre Villas-Boas’ starting XI.
It would be no surprise if AVB goes with the same three behind Roberto Soldado that played at Everton: Andros Townsend, Lewis Holtby and Aaron Lennon.
We can though expect to see Lamela at some point, especially if Spurs continue to struggle in creating clear cut chances versus the Toon.
Brian Lamela’s Tweet to a Spurs fan on Twitter can be seen below.
@CaptainBatch i think that no
— Brian Lamela (@brianlamela) November 9, 2013
Watch Live Stream
- Lost in translation? Erik Lamela tells press he wants to spend one more year at Spurs [TyC Sports]May 9th, 2016
- Tottenham trio close to new contracts [Evening Standard]April 5th, 2016
- Men in Blazers dub Alexis Sanchez a ‘murderer’ for his push on Erik Lamela in the NLD...March 8th, 2016
- Spurs pair Christian Eriksen & Erik Lamela take on the 10-ball challenge (Video)February 17th, 2016
- Barcelona have decided to release Spurs target Sandro Ramirez [Mail]May 24th, 2016
- LVG was trying to sign Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen before Man United sacked him [PA]May 24th, 2016
- Spurs have a verbal agreement to sign Sao Paulo striker Jonathan Calleri, claims dad [Yahoo Brasil]May 23rd, 2016
- Tottenham’s Danny Rose seemed to have an accident in his shorts v TurkeyMay 22nd, 2016