- Atletico Madrid’s equaliser at Bilbao, scored by Griezmann, was a quality team goal!
- Man United superfan Andy Tate stars in hilarious new BT Sport advert [Video]
- Had Arsenal not dropped 11 points from winning positions…
- The best goals from Spain in 2014 ft. Bale, Ronaldo, Messi, James Rodriguez & more [Video]
- Mad! Man United’s Angel Di Maria is 2nd in the La Liga assists chart for 2014 [Graphic]
Brentford miss last-gasp penalty for automatic promotion, Doncaster score on the counter to go up
Doncaster Rovers achieved promotion to the Championship on Saturday, and the manner of their promotion will likely go down in the history books.
Rovers travelled to Brentford on the final day of the League One season, and the hosts knew that a win, any win, would send them up.
In injury time the Bees looked dead-certs to achieve their goals as Brentford won a penalty which on-loan Fulham striker Marcello Trotta took responsibility for.
Trotta chose power over precision, and that proved his spot-kick downfall as the ball crashed against the crossbar and stayed out.
But then the drama stepped up a notch.
Having seen their woodwork rattled, Doncaster immediately launched a counter-attack which ended with James Coppinger finishing the move and securing an unbelievable promotion.
Watch the crazy last-gasp footage below.
- Updated: April 27, 2013