- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
- ‘Oh No You Don’t!’ Xavi forced Messi back out onto pitch to receive guard of honour [GIF]
Brendan Rodgers: ‘Suarez sent text this morning wishing us good luck, he’s a friend of Liverpool’ [Video]
Despite Liverpool winning their opening game today, the topic of Luis Suarez’s still managed to be raised in Brendan Rodgers’ post-match press conference, and you get the feeling it won’t be the last time.
Rodgers reiterated, as if to try and put it to bed once and for all, that ‘no one player can be bigger than Liverpool Football Club’.
He then revealed that Suarez sent him a text this morning wishing him and the team all the best for the season ahead – ‘a lovely gesture, he’s a friend of Liverpool now’.
When an inquisitive journo got a bit too curious, wanting to know the exact details of said text, Rodger quipped,
‘It said, ”don’t be so nosy!” ‘
The press pack cracked up, but not as much as Rodgers!
- Updated: August 17, 2014