Brendan Rodgers: ‘Suarez sent text this morning wishing us good luck, he’s a friend of Liverpool’ [Video]
- August 17, 2014
Despite Liverpool winning their opening game today, the topic of Luis Suarez’s still managed to be raised in Brendan Rodgers’ post-match press conference, and you get the feeling it won’t be the last time.
Rodgers reiterated, as if to try and put it to bed once and for all, that ‘no one player can be bigger than Liverpool Football Club’.
He then revealed that Suarez sent him a text this morning wishing him and the team all the best for the season ahead – ‘a lovely gesture, he’s a friend of Liverpool now’.
When an inquisitive journo got a bit too curious, wanting to know the exact details of said text, Rodger quipped,
‘It said, ”don’t be so nosy!” ‘
The press pack cracked up, but not as much as Rodgers!
- How Liverpool fans reacted to the signing of Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Defender Simon Kjaer rejected Liverpool for Fenerbahce because he wanted to win trophie...
- Brendan Rodgers releases coach Mike Marsh from Liverpool staff [Mirror]
- Brendan Rodgers will stay on as Liverpool manager following positive end-of-season review
- Liverpool have approached Carlo Ancelotti over replacing Brendan Rodgers [Marca]
- Brendan Rodgers is not in any immediate danger of getting axed from Liverpool [Papers]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi