Brendan Rodgers wouldn’t swap Philippe Coutinho for Mesut Ozil or Juan Mata
- February 15, 2014
Now this should get football fans arguing across the country.
Ahead of Liverpool’s mouth watering FA Cup clash with Arsenal on Sunday, Brendan Rodgers has given some of the Sunday papers some juicy quotes.
The top of the Sunday People – see picture above – abbreviates the quotes from the Liverpool boss, who says he wouldn’t swap Philippe Coutinho for either Mesut Ozil or Juan Mata.
To put that in perspective, Mesut Ozil is Arsenal’s record signing and Juan Mata holds the same status with Manchester United.
Whilst Coutinho may be ridiculously gifted, he isn’t one of Liverpool best players (e.g. Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge or Steven Gerrard) and was bought for a bargain fee from Inter Milan.
In addition, despite some excellent displays for Liverpool this season, Brazil boss Big Phil Scolari still refuses to pick Coutinho for the Brazil squad.
Rodgers’ thoughts on how English players can be as skilful as Brazilians are also laid out in the Independent on Sunday, an excerpt of which can be seen below.
You can’t blame Rodgers for building up his own players. After all Coutinho would feel awesome with this assessment.
Arsenal and Manchester United fans will no doubt be amused…
- Lukas Podolski appears on Galatasaray TV as move from Arsenal draws near [video]
- David Seaman hails Arsenal’s capture of Petr Cech from Chelsea on Talksport [Audio]
- Former Arsenal man Gervinho demanded a helicopter & a private beach to join Al Jaz...
- Man United and Arsenal stars make up the bulk of Michael Owen’s Dream Team XI [Vi...
- Arsenal Fan TV laud the ‘massive’ signing of Petr Cech from Chelsea [Video]
- Arturo Vidal rules out moving to Arsenal because of fans’ obsession with Twitter ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi