Brendan Rodgers tips new Liverpool signing Divock Origi for greatness [video]
Following the official announcement of Divock Origi as a Liverpool player, Brendan Rodgers discussed the move during the club’s pre-season tour of America.
Rodgers tipped Origi to become a “world class player” and hailed the Belgian’s performances at the recent World Cup.
The Liverpool manager admits he would have liked to hold onto Origi for this season but it was part of the deal with Lille that the 19-year-old would return to Ligue 1.
Finally, Rodgers says that “we are absolutely delighted to sign a young player who can undoubtedly become a star over the coming years.”
Liverpool face Manchester City in the next part of their pre-season tour in the early hours of Thursday morning, UK time.
Watch Live Stream
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers lauds ‘beautiful man’ Luis Suarez before facing his former player (Video)September 12, 2016
- Mario Balotelli wasn’t impressed by either ex-Liverpool boss, as coaches or people (Video)September 11, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers: I was doing Pep Guardiola’s full-backs tactical move at Liverpool (Video)September 9, 2016
- Swansea v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 29, 2016
- Mino Raiola explained to Nice why they shouldn’t sign Mario Balotelli from LiverpoolSeptember 29, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho handed lifeline by Jurgen Klopp with under-23 chanceSeptember 28, 2016
- Liverpool’s Sadio Mane wins a Premier League awardSeptember 28, 2016