Brendan Rodgers tips new Liverpool signing Divock Origi for greatness [video]
Following the official announcement of Divock Origi as a Liverpool player, Brendan Rodgers discussed the move during the club’s pre-season tour of America.
Rodgers tipped Origi to become a “world class player” and hailed the Belgian’s performances at the recent World Cup.
The Liverpool manager admits he would have liked to hold onto Origi for this season but it was part of the deal with Lille that the 19-year-old would return to Ligue 1.
Finally, Rodgers says that “we are absolutely delighted to sign a young player who can undoubtedly become a star over the coming years.”
Liverpool face Manchester City in the next part of their pre-season tour in the early hours of Thursday morning, UK time.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool forward turned down Man United and Bayern MunichDecember 10, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool are worse at defending than under Brendan RodgersDecember 7, 2016
- Celtic’s Brendan Rodgers trolls a journalist for a Loch Ness monster & Leo Messi questionNovember 22, 2016
- Celtic fans serenade Brendan Rodgers with hilarious song during win over Kilmarnock (Video)November 21, 2016
- Leading Sunday broadsheet link West Ham with signing a Liverpool star in JanuaryDecember 10, 2016
- Liverpool v West Ham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Touchy: Liverpool’s Lucas Leiva doesn’t like people joking about his phone on TwitterDecember 10, 2016
- Liverpool’s Joel Matip reveals why he chose club over countryDecember 10, 2016