- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
Brendan Rodgers tips new Liverpool signing Divock Origi for greatness [video]
Following the official announcement of Divock Origi as a Liverpool player, Brendan Rodgers discussed the move during the club’s pre-season tour of America.
Rodgers tipped Origi to become a “world class player” and hailed the Belgian’s performances at the recent World Cup.
The Liverpool manager admits he would have liked to hold onto Origi for this season but it was part of the deal with Lille that the 19-year-old would return to Ligue 1.
Finally, Rodgers says that “we are absolutely delighted to sign a young player who can undoubtedly become a star over the coming years.”
Liverpool face Manchester City in the next part of their pre-season tour in the early hours of Thursday morning, UK time.
- Updated: July 30, 2014