Brendan Rodgers tips new Liverpool signing Divock Origi for greatness [video]
- July 30, 2014
Following the official announcement of Divock Origi as a Liverpool player, Brendan Rodgers discussed the move during the club’s pre-season tour of America.
Rodgers tipped Origi to become a “world class player” and hailed the Belgian’s performances at the recent World Cup.
The Liverpool manager admits he would have liked to hold onto Origi for this season but it was part of the deal with Lille that the 19-year-old would return to Ligue 1.
Finally, Rodgers says that “we are absolutely delighted to sign a young player who can undoubtedly become a star over the coming years.”
Liverpool face Manchester City in the next part of their pre-season tour in the early hours of Thursday morning, UK time.
- Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre expects the club to challenge for major honours this...
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers talks to LFC TV about new signings and Premier League pr...
- Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool ‘put everything’ into Raheem Sterling’...
- Adam Lallana admits goal v Brisbane was a fluke; Rodgers’ management speak rubbin...
- Liverpool boss praises Nathaniel Clyne & Joe Gomez after Brisbane Roar win [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers excited by ‘top class’ Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi