Brendan Rodgers talks to Irish radio, dismisses talk of Suarez leaving Liverpool for Arsenal [Audio]
Irish football radio show “Off The Ball” have bagged an exclusive half hour interview with Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.
Immediately the host asked the Liverpool manager the 40 million and one pound question on whether Luis Suarez is leaving Anfield for Arsenal.
Rodgers batted the question away, saying:
Of course there’s been a lot of speculation over the summer, but there is no change in an of it really. Luis [Suarez] is a player which we value very highly, as I’m sure you can imagine, and we’ve had two offers from a club [Arsenal] that are nowhere near that valuation of Luis that we see it to even consider anything.
So at this moment in time [Luis Suarez] is back training with the team and with the players. My focus is really preparing the group, preparing everyone for the first game of the season.
After talking about his Uruguayan striker, Rodgers outlined his hopes for Liverpool this season and his philosophy on football in an excellent in-depth interview.
Listen to Brendan Rodgers interview on Off The Ball dismissing talk of Suarez leaving Liverpool for Arsenal below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez explains why he named his dogs Atom & Humber (Video)December 9, 2016
- Arsene Wenger literally laughs off rumour about Mesut Ozil (Video)December 9, 2016
- Olivier Giroud sits down to discuss his career highlights (Video)December 9, 2016
- Arsenal starlet Iwobi talks about having Ozil and Sanchez as mentors [Guardian]December 9, 2016
- Gary Neville responds to Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius on InstagramDecember 9, 2016
- Nominees for inaugural FIFA Fan Award announced: Liverpool and Iceland supporters includedDecember 9, 2016
- Ex-Liverpool players have reunion after Fenerbahce win at Feyenoord [Instagram]December 9, 2016
- Joel Matip gives Liverpool a terrific Christmas presentDecember 9, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo not included in the most expensive XI in world football [CIES]December 6, 2016
- Steven Gerrard reveals how Luis Suarez hooked him up for El ClasicoDecember 4, 2016
- Luis Suarez’s goal for Barcelona v Real Madrid shouldn’t have been allowedDecember 3, 2016
- Ex Liverpool striker Luis Suarez pens long and emotional Steven Gerrard tributeNovember 24, 2016