Brendan Rodgers talks to Irish radio, dismisses talk of Suarez leaving Liverpool for Arsenal [Audio]
- August 6, 2013
Irish football radio show “Off The Ball” have bagged an exclusive half hour interview with Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.
Immediately the host asked the Liverpool manager the 40 million and one pound question on whether Luis Suarez is leaving Anfield for Arsenal.
Rodgers batted the question away, saying:
Of course there’s been a lot of speculation over the summer, but there is no change in an of it really. Luis [Suarez] is a player which we value very highly, as I’m sure you can imagine, and we’ve had two offers from a club [Arsenal] that are nowhere near that valuation of Luis that we see it to even consider anything.
So at this moment in time [Luis Suarez] is back training with the team and with the players. My focus is really preparing the group, preparing everyone for the first game of the season.
After talking about his Uruguayan striker, Rodgers outlined his hopes for Liverpool this season and his philosophy on football in an excellent in-depth interview.
Listen to Brendan Rodgers interview on Off The Ball dismissing talk of Suarez leaving Liverpool for Arsenal below.
- Arsenal academy players talk about what it’s like to get your first pro contract ...
- Wenger ‘happy’ with Arsenal’s summer spending, questions Man United’s...
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- #WengerOut: Arsenal fan Piers Morgan blasts Arsene Wenger for lack of spending (Audio)
- Arsenal Supporters’ Trust calls for inquiry into club’s transfer strategy [...
- Martin Keown: Arsenal needed to bring in a striker (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...