- Christian Eriksen refuses to admit anyone got a touch on 2nd Spurs goal at Newcastle [video]
- Puskas award contender: Lee Beattie (Prestatyn) scissor kick golazo from outside the box [Video]
- Aston Villa release YouTube video of their fans’ celebrations after Liverpool win
- Harry Kane hits 30 goals for Spurs with late strike at Newcastle [All the stats]
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers bemoans lack of energy & admits Aston Villa were better [Video]
Brendan Rodgers talks to Irish radio, dismisses talk of Suarez leaving Liverpool for Arsenal [Audio]
- August 6, 2013
Irish football radio show “Off The Ball” have bagged an exclusive half hour interview with Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.
Immediately the host asked the Liverpool manager the 40 million and one pound question on whether Luis Suarez is leaving Anfield for Arsenal.
Rodgers batted the question away, saying:
Of course there’s been a lot of speculation over the summer, but there is no change in an of it really. Luis [Suarez] is a player which we value very highly, as I’m sure you can imagine, and we’ve had two offers from a club [Arsenal] that are nowhere near that valuation of Luis that we see it to even consider anything.
So at this moment in time [Luis Suarez] is back training with the team and with the players. My focus is really preparing the group, preparing everyone for the first game of the season.
After talking about his Uruguayan striker, Rodgers outlined his hopes for Liverpool this season and his philosophy on football in an excellent in-depth interview.
Listen to Brendan Rodgers interview on Off The Ball dismissing talk of Suarez leaving Liverpool for Arsenal below.