Brendan Rodgers talks to Irish radio, dismisses talk of Suarez leaving Liverpool for Arsenal [Audio]
- August 6, 2013
Irish football radio show “Off The Ball” have bagged an exclusive half hour interview with Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.
Immediately the host asked the Liverpool manager the 40 million and one pound question on whether Luis Suarez is leaving Anfield for Arsenal.
Rodgers batted the question away, saying:
Of course there’s been a lot of speculation over the summer, but there is no change in an of it really. Luis [Suarez] is a player which we value very highly, as I’m sure you can imagine, and we’ve had two offers from a club [Arsenal] that are nowhere near that valuation of Luis that we see it to even consider anything.
So at this moment in time [Luis Suarez] is back training with the team and with the players. My focus is really preparing the group, preparing everyone for the first game of the season.
After talking about his Uruguayan striker, Rodgers outlined his hopes for Liverpool this season and his philosophy on football in an excellent in-depth interview.
Listen to Brendan Rodgers interview on Off The Ball dismissing talk of Suarez leaving Liverpool for Arsenal below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...