- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Brendan Rodgers suggests Arsenal should pay £100m for Luis Suarez
Steven Gerrard’s testimonial on Saturday was always likely to be dominated by Luis Suarez and Brendan Rodgers fielded a fair few questions on the Uruguayan striker after the 2-0 Liverpool win over Olympiakos.
Brendan Rodgers confirmed “one club had made two bids” in the post-match press conference and also talked of how much Suarez is potentially worth in today’s transfer market.
Somewhat justifiably (see the stats above), Rodgers suggested Arsenal, understood to have been the only club to bid so far, should pay a similar price to that which Real Madrid are likely to spend on Gareth Bale.
Rodgers: “Every player has a valuation but you have to look at the market. With Gareth Bale they are talking about £100m and Gareth Bale and Luis Suarez were arguably the two best players in the Premier League last season.”
The Liverpool boss added: “You can’t say that Gareth Bale is valued at over 100 per cent more. We are a club with strong beliefs in what we are doing and nobody will be moving out of here. There is, of course, a point where you only want players who are totally 100 per cent committed to being here and I have spoken to Luis countless times over the course of the summer.”
- Updated: August 3, 2013