Brendan Rodgers suggests Arsenal should pay £100m for Luis Suarez
Steven Gerrard’s testimonial on Saturday was always likely to be dominated by Luis Suarez and Brendan Rodgers fielded a fair few questions on the Uruguayan striker after the 2-0 Liverpool win over Olympiakos.
Brendan Rodgers confirmed “one club had made two bids” in the post-match press conference and also talked of how much Suarez is potentially worth in today’s transfer market.
Somewhat justifiably (see the stats above), Rodgers suggested Arsenal, understood to have been the only club to bid so far, should pay a similar price to that which Real Madrid are likely to spend on Gareth Bale.
Rodgers: “Every player has a valuation but you have to look at the market. With Gareth Bale they are talking about £100m and Gareth Bale and Luis Suarez were arguably the two best players in the Premier League last season.”
The Liverpool boss added: “You can’t say that Gareth Bale is valued at over 100 per cent more. We are a club with strong beliefs in what we are doing and nobody will be moving out of here. There is, of course, a point where you only want players who are totally 100 per cent committed to being here and I have spoken to Luis countless times over the course of the summer.”
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin reveals he could be in Spain Euros squad after Carvajal’s i...May 29th, 2016
- Pots revealed for next season’s CL group stage draw ft. Arsenal & Spurs in lower potsMay 29th, 2016
- N’Golo Kante happy at Leicester ‘for now’, Arsenal continue to be linked [LR...May 28th, 2016
- Arsenal or Man United? Gabon coach confirms Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang exitMay 28th, 2016
- New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: I turned down PL to manage one of biggest clubs in world (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Celtic appoint ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers as their new managerMay 20th, 2016
- Former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers opens talks with Celtic [Sky Sports]May 17th, 2016
- Former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers unleashes inner Anthony Joshua & takes up boxing (Video)April 29th, 2016
- Three lucky fans chat to former Liverpool star John Barnes on Skype (Video)May 28th, 2016
- Liverpool fans turn on UEFA as it transpires Mamadou Sakho was wrongfully banned for doping [Tweets]May 28th, 2016
- Ex-Liverpool man Steven Gerrard wishes Fernando Torres good luck in CL Final [Instagram]May 28th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho free to play after 1-month doping ban expires [L’Equipe]May 28th, 2016