Brendan Rodgers suggests Arsenal should pay £100m for Luis Suarez
- August 3, 2013
Steven Gerrard’s testimonial on Saturday was always likely to be dominated by Luis Suarez and Brendan Rodgers fielded a fair few questions on the Uruguayan striker after the 2-0 Liverpool win over Olympiakos.
Brendan Rodgers confirmed “one club had made two bids” in the post-match press conference and also talked of how much Suarez is potentially worth in today’s transfer market.
Somewhat justifiably (see the stats above), Rodgers suggested Arsenal, understood to have been the only club to bid so far, should pay a similar price to that which Real Madrid are likely to spend on Gareth Bale.
Rodgers: “Every player has a valuation but you have to look at the market. With Gareth Bale they are talking about £100m and Gareth Bale and Luis Suarez were arguably the two best players in the Premier League last season.”
The Liverpool boss added: “You can’t say that Gareth Bale is valued at over 100 per cent more. We are a club with strong beliefs in what we are doing and nobody will be moving out of here. There is, of course, a point where you only want players who are totally 100 per cent committed to being here and I have spoken to Luis countless times over the course of the summer.”
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi