Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool got “carried away” at Crystal Palace playing “Roy of the Rovers” football [Video]
Brendan Rodgers had the difficult job of trying to explain to the press just how Liverpool blew a 3-goal lead, and their title chances, against Crystal Palace on Monday night.
After the match the Liverpool gaffer spoke to the press, and the Reds boss espoused his belief that Liverpool allowed the Eagles to score three goals in the final 11 minutes of the match after the Scousers were too focused on trying to score as many goals as possible on the night.
It is hugely disappointing. For 78 minutes we were outstanding, done everything we’d wanted to do.
But we got carried away, thought we could have more, and lost our defensive structure. It is thinking clearly under pressure that is important.
We thought we could play ‘Roy of the Rovers’ football and make the goal difference up. But tonight was about winning the game.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool forward turned down Man United and Bayern MunichDecember 10, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool are worse at defending than under Brendan RodgersDecember 7, 2016
- Celtic’s Brendan Rodgers trolls a journalist for a Loch Ness monster & Leo Messi questionNovember 22, 2016
- Celtic fans serenade Brendan Rodgers with hilarious song during win over Kilmarnock (Video)November 21, 2016
- Did Simon Mignolet troll Loris Karius on Instagram? Cryptic post pre-West HamDecember 11, 2016
- Revealed: Roberto Firmino will earn huge money if he scores for Liverpool v West HamDecember 11, 2016
- Leading Sunday broadsheet link West Ham with signing a Liverpool star in JanuaryDecember 10, 2016
- Liverpool v West Ham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016