Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool got “carried away” at Crystal Palace playing “Roy of the Rovers” football [Video]
- May 6, 2014
Brendan Rodgers had the difficult job of trying to explain to the press just how Liverpool blew a 3-goal lead, and their title chances, against Crystal Palace on Monday night.
After the match the Liverpool gaffer spoke to the press, and the Reds boss espoused his belief that Liverpool allowed the Eagles to score three goals in the final 11 minutes of the match after the Scousers were too focused on trying to score as many goals as possible on the night.
It is hugely disappointing. For 78 minutes we were outstanding, done everything we’d wanted to do.
But we got carried away, thought we could have more, and lost our defensive structure. It is thinking clearly under pressure that is important.
We thought we could play ‘Roy of the Rovers’ football and make the goal difference up. But tonight was about winning the game.
- ‘Excellent Decision': Brendan Rodgers claims that Benteke’s goal v Bournemo...
- Liverpool have £15million bid accepted for Borussia Dortmund star Henrikh Mkhitaryan [I...
- Jose Mourinho: Rui Faria could be a manager tomorrow, rates him higher than Liverpool...
- Lucas Leiva set to leave Liverpool after being left out of squad to face Stoke [Guardian]
- Brendan Rodgers starts post-match presser with classic Stoke cliche (Video)
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers praises Coutinho after 1-0 win over Stoke (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...