Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool got “carried away” at Crystal Palace playing “Roy of the Rovers” football [Video]
- May 6, 2014
Brendan Rodgers had the difficult job of trying to explain to the press just how Liverpool blew a 3-goal lead, and their title chances, against Crystal Palace on Monday night.
After the match the Liverpool gaffer spoke to the press, and the Reds boss espoused his belief that Liverpool allowed the Eagles to score three goals in the final 11 minutes of the match after the Scousers were too focused on trying to score as many goals as possible on the night.
It is hugely disappointing. For 78 minutes we were outstanding, done everything we’d wanted to do.
But we got carried away, thought we could have more, and lost our defensive structure. It is thinking clearly under pressure that is important.
We thought we could play ‘Roy of the Rovers’ football and make the goal difference up. But tonight was about winning the game.
- How Liverpool fans reacted to the signing of Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Defender Simon Kjaer rejected Liverpool for Fenerbahce because he wanted to win trophie...
- Brendan Rodgers releases coach Mike Marsh from Liverpool staff [Mirror]
- Brendan Rodgers will stay on as Liverpool manager following positive end-of-season review
- Liverpool have approached Carlo Ancelotti over replacing Brendan Rodgers [Marca]
- Brendan Rodgers is not in any immediate danger of getting axed from Liverpool [Papers]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi