- Openly gay footballer Robbie Rogers speaks about overwhelming support after coming out [Video]
- Crystal Palace have opportunity to sign out-of-favour AC Milan striker Giampaolo Pazzini [Standard]
- Five of the best AC Milan moments at AS Roma, featuring Ibrahimovic, Shevchenko and a Scudetto win [Video]
- Mike Bassett wishes Arsenal fans a Merry Christmas & offers Arsene Wenger some advice [Video]
- Real Madrid’s Dani Carvajal smashed up a controller after Isco beat him in FIFA [Tweets]
Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool got “carried away” at Crystal Palace playing “Roy of the Rovers” football [Video]
Brendan Rodgers had the difficult job of trying to explain to the press just how Liverpool blew a 3-goal lead, and their title chances, against Crystal Palace on Monday night.
After the match the Liverpool gaffer spoke to the press, and the Reds boss espoused his belief that Liverpool allowed the Eagles to score three goals in the final 11 minutes of the match after the Scousers were too focused on trying to score as many goals as possible on the night.
It is hugely disappointing. For 78 minutes we were outstanding, done everything we’d wanted to do.
But we got carried away, thought we could have more, and lost our defensive structure. It is thinking clearly under pressure that is important.
We thought we could play ‘Roy of the Rovers’ football and make the goal difference up. But tonight was about winning the game.
- Updated: May 6, 2014