- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Brendan Rodgers promotes Jordan Rossiter and Brad Smith to the Liverpool squad
Brendan Rodgers has declared two of his young players as “outstanding” and promoted them into the senior team.
Rodgers singled out midfielder Jordan Rossiter and left back Brad Smith for praise.
16 year old Jordan Rossiter has been compared to Steven Gerrard by none other than Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler. Rossiter is described as an aggressive, tough-tackling but forward-thinking midfielder with a great passing range.
19 year old Australian left back Brad Smith has pace to burn alongside attributes such as solid defending and going on exciting forays forward.
Brendan Rodgers obviously thinks that these players have a big Liverpool future ahead of them and will look to give these players the chance to shine in substitute cameos and cup ties.
If Liverpool continue to score a lot in matches, then at 3-0 or 4-0 we might be seeing these players more in the Premier League.
Watch Jordan Rossiter score for England v Northern Ireland
Watch Brad Smith’s golazo:
- Updated: December 18, 2013