Brendan Rodgers promotes Jordan Rossiter and Brad Smith to the Liverpool squad
- December 18, 2013
Brendan Rodgers has declared two of his young players as “outstanding” and promoted them into the senior team.
Rodgers singled out midfielder Jordan Rossiter and left back Brad Smith for praise.
16 year old Jordan Rossiter has been compared to Steven Gerrard by none other than Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler. Rossiter is described as an aggressive, tough-tackling but forward-thinking midfielder with a great passing range.
19 year old Australian left back Brad Smith has pace to burn alongside attributes such as solid defending and going on exciting forays forward.
Brendan Rodgers obviously thinks that these players have a big Liverpool future ahead of them and will look to give these players the chance to shine in substitute cameos and cup ties.
If Liverpool continue to score a lot in matches, then at 3-0 or 4-0 we might be seeing these players more in the Premier League.
Watch Jordan Rossiter score for England v Northern Ireland
Watch Brad Smith’s golazo:
- Liverpool man Jamie Carragher apologises for sharing The Sun’s video of Rooney bo...
- Christian Eriksen goals and skills – Welcome to Liverpool?
- Shelvey’s Old Trafford screamer – official video
- Behind the scenes at the Liverpool kit launch 2013-14
- Rafa Benitez on his return to Liverpool
- Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea, FA Youth Cup Semi Final 2013 – official highlights
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi