Brendan Rodgers on signing new long-term Liverpool contract: “It leaves me hugely honoured and absolutely delighted.”
- May 26, 2014
Brendan Rodgers has said he is hugely honoured as well as absolutely delighted about signing a new long-term contract with Liverpool.
Details of the deal haven’t been released yet but it’s rumoured to be up until 2018, a reward for the good work Rodgers has done with Liverpool in the last campaign.
Rodgers spoke to Liverpool TV immediately after the deal was announced and said: “I’m absolutely delighted to be able to continue what has been a really exciting time for the club. We’ll look to move forward again next season and over the coming seasons.”
Rodgers also mentioned how much he’s looking forward to next season’s participation in the Champions League: “We know that, in the Champions League, if we can perform well away from home, that in the home games, we’re going to be hard to beat because of the supporters and the quality of the team.”
- New Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp looking to move into Brendan Rodgers’ apartment
- Ex Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers could become new Aston Villa manager [Sun]
- Axed Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers tipped to replace Aston Villa’s Tim Sherwood ...
- Steven Gerrard’s slip is the latest clip to get the Thierry Henry reaction (video)
- Why James Milner is crucial to Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool revolution [Statistics]
- Tottenham v Liverpool: Watch a Live Stream of the Premier League match
- Carlo Ancelotti was offered Liverpool job before Jurgen Klopp, claims former Spurs boss...
- Liverpool’s Martin Skrtel gatecrashes coach’s TV interview after Slovakia b...