- Barça’s Luis Suarez given brilliant standing ovation after Valencia goal and performance [Video]
- Falcao starts: Chelsea v Manchester United [Team Sheets]
- Szczesny starts, Giroud on the bench: Reading v Arsenal [Team Sheets]
- Jamie Carragher heaps praise on Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers [Video]
- Arsenal’s defensive midfield wall Francis Coquelin previewsCup semi-final v Reading [Video]
Brendan Rodgers fumes when told Liverpool players swapped shirts with Chelsea opponents at half-time [video]
- December 29, 2013
Since Brendan Rodgers doesn’t have the advantage of checking social media during the time his side play, the Liverpool boss can be left open to discovering things at post match press conferences.
And, so it proved today as Rodgers was informed by the English media that two of his players (Mamadou Sakho and Philippe Coutinho) had swapped shirts with their Chelsea opponents (Samuel Eto’o and Oscar) at half-time.
Considering Liverpool went down 2-1 at Chelsea, Brendan Rodgers took it all in his stride and made some decent jokes before departing as quickly as he could.
It seems doubtful that we will see Liverpool players swap shirts with anyone at half-time under Rodgers’ watch!