Brendan Rodgers empathizes with David Moyes: ‘I also took over from a club legend in Kenny Daglish’
- March 14, 2014
With Liverpool travelling to Old Trafford this Sunday to face Manchester United, Reds boss Brendan Rodgers drew an interesting parallel between himself and David Moyes at today’s presser.
Rodgers explained that he can empathize with Moyes, especially as he also took over a huge club from a club legend, in Kenny Daglish; while Moyes of course took over from Sir Alex Ferguson.
While the respective situations also differed widely – Daglish’s 2nd spell at the club was a bit of a disaster, so the legend pressure wasn’t quite the same – it is an interesting comparison to make.
Rodgers said it made little impact on him, and that Moyes won’t be feeling that pressure by looking over his shoulder wondering who’s watching him.
A timely piece of advice and support from a colleague for David Moyes.
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers talks to LFC TV about new signings and Premier League pr...
- Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool ‘put everything’ into Raheem Sterling’...
- Adam Lallana admits goal v Brisbane was a fluke; Rodgers’ management speak rubbin...
- Liverpool boss praises Nathaniel Clyne & Joe Gomez after Brisbane Roar win [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers excited by ‘top class’ Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers admits he was a reason behind Raheem Sterling’s departure [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi