Brendan Rodgers empathizes with David Moyes: ‘I also took over from a club legend in Kenny Daglish’
- March 14, 2014
With Liverpool travelling to Old Trafford this Sunday to face Manchester United, Reds boss Brendan Rodgers drew an interesting parallel between himself and David Moyes at today’s presser.
Rodgers explained that he can empathize with Moyes, especially as he also took over a huge club from a club legend, in Kenny Daglish; while Moyes of course took over from Sir Alex Ferguson.
While the respective situations also differed widely – Daglish’s 2nd spell at the club was a bit of a disaster, so the legend pressure wasn’t quite the same – it is an interesting comparison to make.
Rodgers said it made little impact on him, and that Moyes won’t be feeling that pressure by looking over his shoulder wondering who’s watching him.
A timely piece of advice and support from a colleague for David Moyes.
- How Liverpool fans reacted to the signing of Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Defender Simon Kjaer rejected Liverpool for Fenerbahce because he wanted to win trophie...
- Brendan Rodgers releases coach Mike Marsh from Liverpool staff [Mirror]
- Brendan Rodgers will stay on as Liverpool manager following positive end-of-season review
- Liverpool have approached Carlo Ancelotti over replacing Brendan Rodgers [Marca]
- Brendan Rodgers is not in any immediate danger of getting axed from Liverpool [Papers]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi