Brendan Rodgers cracks up during presser after Luis Suarez joke [video]
- July 30, 2014
Now this is awkward!
There was an amusing exchange between Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and an American journalist caught on camera on the clip above.
Richard from CNN started proceedings in light hearted move, talking about how his dog was named after Liverpool legend Graeme Souness.
This induced more giggles than you would expect from Rodgers and even a smile from Kolo Toure, before the Liverpool manager was asked a question that will no doubt be asked many times ahead of the Champions League group stages draw.
“Are you looking forward to potentially playing Barcelona in the Champions League?”
After a few niceties about Barcelona, Rodgers says: “I’ll have to tell my defenders to keep their legs closed” in a clear reference to nutmeg king Luis Suarez.
Cue, a joke from Richard the journalist at CNN and Rodgers cackles. Very hard. Its infectious!
And, there is still time for a Graeme Souness joke…
- How Liverpool fans reacted to the signing of Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Defender Simon Kjaer rejected Liverpool for Fenerbahce because he wanted to win trophie...
- Brendan Rodgers releases coach Mike Marsh from Liverpool staff [Mirror]
- Brendan Rodgers will stay on as Liverpool manager following positive end-of-season review
- Liverpool have approached Carlo Ancelotti over replacing Brendan Rodgers [Marca]
- Brendan Rodgers is not in any immediate danger of getting axed from Liverpool [Papers]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi