Brendan Rodgers cracks up during presser after Luis Suarez joke [video]
- July 30, 2014
Now this is awkward!
There was an amusing exchange between Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and an American journalist caught on camera on the clip above.
Richard from CNN started proceedings in light hearted move, talking about how his dog was named after Liverpool legend Graeme Souness.
This induced more giggles than you would expect from Rodgers and even a smile from Kolo Toure, before the Liverpool manager was asked a question that will no doubt be asked many times ahead of the Champions League group stages draw.
“Are you looking forward to potentially playing Barcelona in the Champions League?”
After a few niceties about Barcelona, Rodgers says: “I’ll have to tell my defenders to keep their legs closed” in a clear reference to nutmeg king Luis Suarez.
Cue, a joke from Richard the journalist at CNN and Rodgers cackles. Very hard. Its infectious!
And, there is still time for a Graeme Souness joke…
- ‘Excellent Decision': Brendan Rodgers claims that Benteke’s goal v Bournemo...
- Liverpool have £15million bid accepted for Borussia Dortmund star Henrikh Mkhitaryan [I...
- Jose Mourinho: Rui Faria could be a manager tomorrow, rates him higher than Liverpool...
- Lucas Leiva set to leave Liverpool after being left out of squad to face Stoke [Guardian]
- Brendan Rodgers starts post-match presser with classic Stoke cliche (Video)
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers praises Coutinho after 1-0 win over Stoke (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...