- Chelsea flop Fernando Torres explains why he left AC Milan to join Atletico Madrid
- Hilarious! Southampton’s Twitter account offers one Saints fan love advice [Tweets]
- THUNDERBASTARD! Charlee Adams (Lincoln City) nets first career goal in Lincolnshire derby [Video]
- Chelsea fans put to the test: “Would you kiss a beautiful Tottenham fan” [Video]
- “At last back home” – Ex-Chelsea man Fernando Torres tweets about return to Atletico Madrid
Brendan Rodgers cracks up during presser after Luis Suarez joke [video]
Now this is awkward!
There was an amusing exchange between Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and an American journalist caught on camera on the clip above.
Richard from CNN started proceedings in light hearted move, talking about how his dog was named after Liverpool legend Graeme Souness.
This induced more giggles than you would expect from Rodgers and even a smile from Kolo Toure, before the Liverpool manager was asked a question that will no doubt be asked many times ahead of the Champions League group stages draw.
“Are you looking forward to potentially playing Barcelona in the Champions League?”
After a few niceties about Barcelona, Rodgers says: “I’ll have to tell my defenders to keep their legs closed” in a clear reference to nutmeg king Luis Suarez.
Cue, a joke from Richard the journalist at CNN and Rodgers cackles. Very hard. Its infectious!
And, there is still time for a Graeme Souness joke…
- Updated: July 30, 2014