Brendan Rodgers: ‘Andy Carroll is one of the best strikers in Europe – at what he does’ [Video]
With Liverpool travelling to West Ham this weekend, Brendan Rodgers was asked about the Hammers hitman Andy Carroll, who the Northern Irishman let go when he arrived to manage Liverpool.
Rodgers, though, was at pains at his presser today to emphasize that his decision to cut Carroll was not about his ability, merely a question of style and philosophy.
Indeed, Rodgers went on record as saying Carroll is one of the best strikers in Europe – at what he does, i.e. leading the line like a good old fashioned battering ram, and being a ‘handful’ for defenders.
Rodgers said he felt the same about having to sell Downing, though you get the feeling he’s telling porkies with that one; why not just admit you were happy to sell a player?
Watch Live Stream
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll beefs up his goal ratio with Injury TweetAugust 21, 2016
- Strong rumour Andy Carroll has a new long term injury. West Ham fans go nuts [Tweets]August 21, 2016
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll helps the homeless while on holiday in US (Video)May 22, 2016
- Andy Carroll retweets Peter Schmeichel after Leicester 2 – West Ham 2April 17, 2016
- “No Embarrassment” – Brendan Rodgers discusses Celtic’s 1-0 defeat to Lincoln Red Imps (Video)July 13, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers panned as Celtic beaten by semi-pro Gibraltarian club in UCL qualifier [Tweets]July 12, 2016
- New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: I turned down PL to manage one of biggest clubs in world (Video)May 23, 2016
- Celtic appoint ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers as their new managerMay 20, 2016
- All of Jordan Henderson’s mistakes for Liverpool v Burton Albion (Video)August 24, 2016
- Mino Raiola offers Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli to Man United [Gazzetta]August 24, 2016
- Mario Balotelli tipped to leave Liverpool to move to Ligue 1 [France Football]August 24, 2016
- Individual highlights of Sadio Mane’s stunning performance for Liverpool v Burton (Video)August 24, 2016