Brendan Rodgers: ‘Andy Carroll is one of the best strikers in Europe – at what he does’ [Video]
With Liverpool travelling to West Ham this weekend, Brendan Rodgers was asked about the Hammers hitman Andy Carroll, who the Northern Irishman let go when he arrived to manage Liverpool.
Rodgers, though, was at pains at his presser today to emphasize that his decision to cut Carroll was not about his ability, merely a question of style and philosophy.
Indeed, Rodgers went on record as saying Carroll is one of the best strikers in Europe – at what he does, i.e. leading the line like a good old fashioned battering ram, and being a ‘handful’ for defenders.
Rodgers said he felt the same about having to sell Downing, though you get the feeling he’s telling porkies with that one; why not just admit you were happy to sell a player?
Watch Live Stream
- Andy Carroll tipped to bail on West Ham in a mega Chinese move [Express]November 5, 2016
- West Ham release statement after Andy Carroll was threatened at gunpointNovember 3, 2016
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll beefs up his goal ratio with Injury TweetAugust 21, 2016
- Strong rumour Andy Carroll has a new long term injury. West Ham fans go nuts [Tweets]August 21, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool are worse at defending than under Brendan RodgersDecember 7, 2016
- Celtic’s Brendan Rodgers trolls a journalist for a Loch Ness monster & Leo Messi questionNovember 22, 2016
- Celtic fans serenade Brendan Rodgers with hilarious song during win over Kilmarnock (Video)November 21, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Joel Matip gives Liverpool a terrific Christmas presentDecember 9, 2016
- It’s not certain Liverpool will lose Joel Matip in JanuaryDecember 8, 2016
- Joey Barton calls out Steven Gerrard’s coaching credentials (Video)December 8, 2016
- Top striker criticised for not joining Liverpool or Arsenal (BBC Video)December 8, 2016