Brendan Rodgers: ‘Andy Carroll is one of the best strikers in Europe – at what he does’ [Video]
With Liverpool travelling to West Ham this weekend, Brendan Rodgers was asked about the Hammers hitman Andy Carroll, who the Northern Irishman let go when he arrived to manage Liverpool.
Rodgers, though, was at pains at his presser today to emphasize that his decision to cut Carroll was not about his ability, merely a question of style and philosophy.
Indeed, Rodgers went on record as saying Carroll is one of the best strikers in Europe – at what he does, i.e. leading the line like a good old fashioned battering ram, and being a ‘handful’ for defenders.
Rodgers said he felt the same about having to sell Downing, though you get the feeling he’s telling porkies with that one; why not just admit you were happy to sell a player?
- Firmino’s quotes on Rodgers are surprisingly candid given he signed for sacked Liverpool boss
- Jurgen Klopp credits the work ‘Brendan’ (Rodgers) did at Liverpool (Video)
- Alberto Moreno reveals ‘rage’ over being left out of Liverpool team by Brendan Rodgers
- Brendan Rodgers reacts to Jurgen Klopp’s 1st win as Liverpool boss (Spoof video)
- Steven Gerrard believes the ‘Klopp Effect’ is taking hold at Liverpool (Video)
- Steven Gerrard says Luis Suarez has reached another level at Barcelona (Video)
- Steven Gerrard admits he’s looking forward to training with Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool (Video)
- Steven Gerrard uses Instagram to announce Liverpool’s All Stars game in Australia (Video)