Brendan Rodgers: ‘Andy Carroll is one of the best strikers in Europe – at what he does’ [Video]
With Liverpool travelling to West Ham this weekend, Brendan Rodgers was asked about the Hammers hitman Andy Carroll, who the Northern Irishman let go when he arrived to manage Liverpool.
Rodgers, though, was at pains at his presser today to emphasize that his decision to cut Carroll was not about his ability, merely a question of style and philosophy.
Indeed, Rodgers went on record as saying Carroll is one of the best strikers in Europe – at what he does, i.e. leading the line like a good old fashioned battering ram, and being a ‘handful’ for defenders.
Rodgers said he felt the same about having to sell Downing, though you get the feeling he’s telling porkies with that one; why not just admit you were happy to sell a player?
- Andy Carroll Tweets amusing reply to prediction about Everton v Liverpool
- Andy Carroll is back scoring goals at West Ham training (Video)
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll injures himself in the clumsiest and most innocuous way p...
- Crocked West Ham striker Andy Carroll posts nasty pictures of his knee post op [Instagram]
- Pepe Reina has a dig at former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers on Twitter
- Mamadou Sakho gets his claws out: Rodgers made me feel like a caged lion (Quotes)
- Liverpool’s Emre Can talks up Jurgen Klopp’s potential move to Anfield [Die...
- Liverpool owners approach Jurgen Klopp & still expect to challenge for title this ...