Brendan Rodgers: ‘Andy Carroll is one of the best strikers in Europe – at what he does’ [Video]
- April 4, 2014
With Liverpool travelling to West Ham this weekend, Brendan Rodgers was asked about the Hammers hitman Andy Carroll, who the Northern Irishman let go when he arrived to manage Liverpool.
Rodgers, though, was at pains at his presser today to emphasize that his decision to cut Carroll was not about his ability, merely a question of style and philosophy.
Indeed, Rodgers went on record as saying Carroll is one of the best strikers in Europe – at what he does, i.e. leading the line like a good old fashioned battering ram, and being a ‘handful’ for defenders.
Rodgers said he felt the same about having to sell Downing, though you get the feeling he’s telling porkies with that one; why not just admit you were happy to sell a player?
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll injures himself in the clumsiest and most innocuous way p...
- Crocked West Ham striker Andy Carroll posts nasty pictures of his knee post op [Instagram]
- Cursed Andy Carroll picks up fifth major injury in three years [Best Tweets]
- West Ham striker Andy Carroll likely to miss the rest of the season with knee injury
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll showed incredible ability to score a solo golazo v Swanse...
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll picks up a finger injury making lunch [Instagram]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...