Brazil’s Neymar practices Parandinha penalty (which he scored with v Chile) ahead of Colombia, scores [Video]
Neymar was one of Brazi’s 5 chosen penalty takers in the Seleção’s World Cup last 16 against Chile last Saturday, and he converted with a risqué Paradinha – a long stutter run, which is designed to force the keeper into a mistake, and draw him into diving early.
It’s a penalty style that many see as counter-productive, as it can play into the keeper’s hands on the flip-side, and has some famous misses to its name (Cristiano Ronaldo in Moscow Champions League final 2009 springs to mind).
But credit to Ney Junior, he converted his Paradinha with aplomb, and by the looks of Brazil’s training today, he looks set to stick with the tried and trusted.
Ahead of tomorrow’s quarter final against Colombia, Neymar practiced his Paradinha. And scored.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona star Dani Alves Trolls Pele in an Instagram videoMay 24th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Allan Rodrigues de Souza scores a winner for Brazil U20 v France (Video)May 22nd, 2016
- Rivaldo warns that people coming to Brazil this summer are putting their lives at riskMay 11th, 2016
- Graphic footage: Brazilian fan in serious condition after a dozen fans beat him up on pitch (Video)May 9th, 2016
- Pat Nevin is a huge fan of Marcus Rashford, compares him to Neymar (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Thiago Messi & Benjamin Suarez star in Barcelona Copa del Rey celebrationsMay 23rd, 2016
- Brilliant fan footage of Leo Messi’s 2nd assist for Neymar in Copa del Rey final (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Sevilla’s Adil Rami slide-tackles Barcelona’s Neymar…head first (Video)May 22nd, 2016