Brazil’s Neymar practices Parandinha penalty (which he scored with v Chile) ahead of Colombia, scores [Video]
Neymar was one of Brazi’s 5 chosen penalty takers in the Seleção’s World Cup last 16 against Chile last Saturday, and he converted with a risqué Paradinha – a long stutter run, which is designed to force the keeper into a mistake, and draw him into diving early.
It’s a penalty style that many see as counter-productive, as it can play into the keeper’s hands on the flip-side, and has some famous misses to its name (Cristiano Ronaldo in Moscow Champions League final 2009 springs to mind).
But credit to Ney Junior, he converted his Paradinha with aplomb, and by the looks of Brazil’s training today, he looks set to stick with the tried and trusted.
Ahead of tomorrow’s quarter final against Colombia, Neymar practiced his Paradinha. And scored.
Watch Live Stream
- Brazil coach Tite lavishes praise on Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho (Video)December 1, 2016
- Neymar, Gabriel Jesus & Philippe Coutinho may monetise their goal celebration [UOL Esporte]November 17, 2016
- Man City’s Gabriel Jesus bags goal & assist for Brazil as they make it 6 wins from 6 (videos)November 16, 2016
- Peru v Brazil: Watch a Live Stream of the World Cup qualifierNovember 14, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo not included in the most expensive XI in world football [CIES]December 6, 2016
- Fouling Neymar: The 442oons Barcelona 1 – Real Madrid 1 movie trailer (video)December 5, 2016
- Man United keen on £180m Barcelona striker Neymar [Daily Record]November 30, 2016
- Neymar has been involved in a car accident on Sunday before the Sociedad gameNovember 27, 2016