Brazil & Toronto FC goalie Julio Cesar played 10 minutes outfield in a Sao Paulo amateur 7-a-side game
A story from leftfield has broken in South America on Saturday involving the Brazilian national team goalie Julio Cesar.
Julio Cesar, who is owned by QPR but is now on loan at MLS club Toronto FC, has caused a stir after he played ten minutes as an outfield player in an amateur 7-a-side league in Sao Paulo over the weekend.
Just three days previous, Julio Cesar was in goal for the Brazilian national team in their 5-0 win away at South Africa.
According to local reports, Cesar agreed to play in the match as a favour for a friend. The team he played for was called “The Mustard” and they play in the fourth tier of their competition, however Cesar’s influence wasn’t great as his team were beaten 8-2.
See an Instagram picture of Julio Cesar at an amateur 7-a-side match below.
Watch Live Stream
- Futsal legend Falcao scores genius free-kick in final Brazil game (video)September 22, 2016
- Neymar has a new tattoo to celebrate winning the Olympics with Brazil (Video)September 16, 2016
- The form of Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho is bad news for Chelsea’s WillianSeptember 8, 2016
- Barcelona’s Neymar taken down by pitch invader during Brazil open training session (Video)September 4, 2016
- Chelsea’s Brazilians + Ivanovic & Julio Cesar hanging out on their day off [Instagram picture]August 14, 2014
- Julio Cesar cries during emotional interview after Brazil 1 – Germany 7 [Video]July 8, 2014
- Idiot! Brazilan fan smashes his TV screen celebrating a Julio Cesar penalty save during Brazil v Chile!June 29, 2014
- Bleeding heart Julio Cesar (QPR) breaks down in tearful goodbye after 7 games for Toronto [Video]June 7, 2014
- Undercover Telegraph footage of QPR manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (Video)September 29, 2016
- Man United old boy Paddy McNair lifts Sunderland to victory in the EFL Cup (Official Video)September 22, 2016
- Newcastle thrash QPR 6-0, Jonjo Shelvey with the pick of the goals (Official Video)September 14, 2016
- The Sun hilariously put QPR’s Sebastian Polter in their Championship team of the weekSeptember 12, 2016