Brazil & Toronto FC goalie Julio Cesar played 10 minutes outfield in a Sao Paulo amateur 7-a-side game
- March 9, 2014
A story from leftfield has broken in South America on Saturday involving the Brazilian national team goalie Julio Cesar.
Julio Cesar, who is owned by QPR but is now on loan at MLS club Toronto FC, has caused a stir after he played ten minutes as an outfield player in an amateur 7-a-side league in Sao Paulo over the weekend.
Just three days previous, Julio Cesar was in goal for the Brazilian national team in their 5-0 win away at South Africa.
According to local reports, Cesar agreed to play in the match as a favour for a friend. The team he played for was called “The Mustard” and they play in the fourth tier of their competition, however Cesar’s influence wasn’t great as his team were beaten 8-2.
See an Instagram picture of Julio Cesar at an amateur 7-a-side match below.
- Classic Clip: Brazil legend Pele nutmegs one of the best defenders ever, Franz Beckenba...
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho produced a glorious sombrero during Brazil’s ...
- Brazil players blamed Thiago Silva on the pitch for handball before shoot-out [Video]
- Individual highlights: New Liverpool star Roberto Firmino v Paraguay [video]
- Paraguay stun Brazil, eliminating Dunga’s side on penalties [Official Highlights]
- New Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino struggles for Brazil v Paraguay [Best Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi