- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
- Christian Benteke gives a very ‘good’ pre-Liverpool interview…[Video]
Brazil & Toronto FC goalie Julio Cesar played 10 minutes outfield in a Sao Paulo amateur 7-a-side game
- March 9, 2014
A story from leftfield has broken in South America on Saturday involving the Brazilian national team goalie Julio Cesar.
Julio Cesar, who is owned by QPR but is now on loan at MLS club Toronto FC, has caused a stir after he played ten minutes as an outfield player in an amateur 7-a-side league in Sao Paulo over the weekend.
Just three days previous, Julio Cesar was in goal for the Brazilian national team in their 5-0 win away at South Africa.
According to local reports, Cesar agreed to play in the match as a favour for a friend. The team he played for was called “The Mustard” and they play in the fourth tier of their competition, however Cesar’s influence wasn’t great as his team were beaten 8-2.
See an Instagram picture of Julio Cesar at an amateur 7-a-side match below.