Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari takes training just hours after family (nephew) bereavement [Lance Net]
Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has suffered a sudden family bereavement, his nephew announced deceased earlier today after a car accident, Brazilian site Lance Net have confirmed.
Despite the terrible news of the loss of his sister’s son in the accident in Rio Grande do Sul, Big Phil took Brazil training as normal, with his team kicking off in just 3 days time.
Tragically, it’s the second family member Scolari has lost since the beginning of Brazil’s World Cup preparations, his brother-in-law having passed away just 2 weeks ago.
On that occassion, Big Phil had left the Brazil camp to attend the funeral, but on this occasion did not leave due to the contretemps.
Watch Live Stream
- Santos wonderkid ‘Gabigol’ scores on international debut for Brazil (Video)May 30th, 2016
- Barcelona star Dani Alves Trolls Pele in an Instagram videoMay 24th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Allan Rodrigues de Souza scores a winner for Brazil U20 v France (Video)May 22nd, 2016
- Rivaldo warns that people coming to Brazil this summer are putting their lives at riskMay 11th, 2016
- Luiz Felipe Scolari leaves his post as Brazil manager after 20 months in chargeJuly 14th, 2014
- Neymar visits Brazil training, while Scolari gets stern talk from CBC chief Jose Maria Marin [Pic...July 10th, 2014
- Big Phil Scolari reacts to Germany routJuly 9th, 2014
- Future CBF Vice-President: ‘Luiz Felipe Scolari will never manage a Brazil team again’...July 9th, 2014