Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari takes training just hours after family (nephew) bereavement [Lance Net]
Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has suffered a sudden family bereavement, his nephew announced deceased earlier today after a car accident, Brazilian site Lance Net have confirmed.
Despite the terrible news of the loss of his sister’s son in the accident in Rio Grande do Sul, Big Phil took Brazil training as normal, with his team kicking off in just 3 days time.
Tragically, it’s the second family member Scolari has lost since the beginning of Brazil’s World Cup preparations, his brother-in-law having passed away just 2 weeks ago.
On that occassion, Big Phil had left the Brazil camp to attend the funeral, but on this occasion did not leave due to the contretemps.
Watch Live Stream
- Willian & Gabriel Jesus score in Brazil’s 2-0 win over Venezuela (Videos)October 12, 2016
- Bolivia defender Yasmani Duk explains why he battered Neymar [AS]October 8, 2016
- Man City fans will absolutely love Gabriel Jesus’ latest goal for Brazil (official video)October 7, 2016
- Neymar attempts a nutmeg… gets absolutely battered in Brazil’s win over Bolivia (video)October 7, 2016
- Luiz Felipe Scolari leaves his post as Brazil manager after 20 months in chargeJuly 14, 2014
- Neymar visits Brazil training, while Scolari gets stern talk from CBC chief Jose Maria Marin [Pictures]July 10, 2014
- Big Phil Scolari reacts to Germany routJuly 9, 2014
- Future CBF Vice-President: ‘Luiz Felipe Scolari will never manage a Brazil team again’ [ESPN]July 9, 2014