Brazil attacker Neymar’s family and doctors rule out World Cup final appearance
- July 7, 2014
CBF, the Brazilian federation, have ruled out any chance of a Neymar comeback for the World Cup final through the voice of their leading doctor Jose Luis Runco.
A statement from the CBF was released on Globo TV, we bring it to you courtesy of Inside Spanish Football.
“We wish to clarify that the visit with the doctors of Santos FC, held yesterday (06/07) was a visit of cordiality. Santos are making their facilities available to Neymar Jr for his treatment and recovery after the World Cup.
Any other information on this is pure speculation.
We conclude by reaffirming that the only professional authorized to speak on the condition, treatment and recovery Neymar Jr, on behalf of the CBF and his family, is Dr. Jose Luis Runco.
If Neymar Jr is to play a professional match before the originally planned time of recovery, it’s due to his positive progression of the injury as a result of the treatment being performed. No alternative treatment was put into discussion. His return to the pitch depends on his ability to overcome the severe pain he feels.“
The latest reports regarding the injury say that talk of a comeback was pure fiction concocted by the Brazilian media to sensationalize the injury of Neymar even further.
Watch Live Stream
- Futsal legend Falcao scores genius free-kick in final Brazil game (video)September 22, 2016
- Neymar has a new tattoo to celebrate winning the Olympics with Brazil (Video)September 16, 2016
- The form of Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho is bad news for Chelsea’s WillianSeptember 8, 2016
- Barcelona’s Neymar taken down by pitch invader during Brazil open training session (Video)September 4, 2016
- Neymar committed some horrendous dives against Borusssia Monchengladbach (Video)September 30, 2016
- The story behind Neymar’s gift to a disabled Sporting Gijon fan [Mundo Deportivo]September 26, 2016
- Looks like Neymar is back together with ex girlfriend Bruna MarquezineSeptember 26, 2016
- Awesome: Neymar’s gift to a disabled Sporting Gijon fan (Video)September 24, 2016