Both Kieran Gibbs & Alex Oxlade Chamberlain available for Arsenal v Swansea
The FA have made an announcement regarding the availability of both Kieran Gibbs and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for Arsenal’s match with Swansea tomorrow night.
Effectively, two red cards have been rescinded.
Or is it one?!
Well, Kieran Gibbs got off because he didn’t actually handle the ball.
And, The Ox, well the FA presumably felt that it wasn’t a clear goal scoring opportunity as the ball was flying wide?
Confusing. Good news for Arsenal though. Full FA statement below, via the Arsenal official website.
An Independent Regulatory Commission today heard two claims from Arsenal, one of mistaken identity and the other of wrongful dismissal, both in relation to Saturday’s game against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
The commission ruled that the dismissal of Kieran Gibbs was a case of mistaken identity and transferred this to his team-mate Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Subsequent to deciding this matter, the commission then considered Arsenal’s claim for wrongful dismissal in relation to Oxlade-Chamberlain. This claim was upheld, meaning Oxlade-Chamberlain will not serve any suspension with the standard punishment withdrawn with immediate effect.
Watch Live Stream
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain admits he could quit Arsenal at the end of the season (Video)October 16, 2016
- Porkies: Laurent Koscielny’s funny answer when asked about handball goal v Burnley (Video)October 3, 2016
- Arsenal fan lays into Alex Oxlade Chamberlain after PSG draw (Video)September 14, 2016
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s brilliant solo goal for Arsenal v Chivas in slow motion (Video)August 2, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby undergoes ankle surgery in London [L’Equipe]October 22, 2016
- Arsenal fans weren’t happy to see Stan Kroenke at the Boro game [Tweets]October 22, 2016
- Arsenal fans praise Petr Cech for brilliant saves in first half v Middlesbrough [Tweets]October 22, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere speaks after finally playing 90 minutes for Bournemouth (Video)October 22, 2016