Both Kieran Gibbs & Alex Oxlade Chamberlain available for Arsenal v Swansea
The FA have made an announcement regarding the availability of both Kieran Gibbs and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for Arsenal’s match with Swansea tomorrow night.
Effectively, two red cards have been rescinded.
Or is it one?!
Well, Kieran Gibbs got off because he didn’t actually handle the ball.
And, The Ox, well the FA presumably felt that it wasn’t a clear goal scoring opportunity as the ball was flying wide?
Confusing. Good news for Arsenal though. Full FA statement below, via the Arsenal official website.
An Independent Regulatory Commission today heard two claims from Arsenal, one of mistaken identity and the other of wrongful dismissal, both in relation to Saturday’s game against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
The commission ruled that the dismissal of Kieran Gibbs was a case of mistaken identity and transferred this to his team-mate Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Subsequent to deciding this matter, the commission then considered Arsenal’s claim for wrongful dismissal in relation to Oxlade-Chamberlain. This claim was upheld, meaning Oxlade-Chamberlain will not serve any suspension with the standard punishment withdrawn with immediate effect.
Watch Live Stream
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s brilliant solo goal for Arsenal v Chivas in slow motion (Video)August 2, 2016
- Arsenal’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scores incredible solo golazo v Chivas (Video)August 1, 2016
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain puts Calum Chambers on the spot at funny Arsenal fan party (Video)July 28, 2016
- Golazo: Arsenal’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scores deft chip v Lens (Videos)July 22, 2016
- Julian Draxler could be playing for PSG when they face Arsenal in the Champions LeagueAugust 29, 2016
- Middlesbrough agree a loan deal for Arsenal’s Calum ChambersAugust 29, 2016
- German FA confirm Arsenal’s 2 new signings, Wenger says no more transfersAugust 29, 2016
- Arsenal fans react to news Lyon’s Alexandre Lacazette is injuredAugust 29, 2016