Botafogo ball girl Fernanda Maia springs to fame after setting up goal v Vasco da Gama
- May 1, 2012
Meet Fernanda Maia, a good looking ball girl who set up a goal for Botafogo on Sunday in the Campeonato Carioca final and has sprung to fame in Brazil.
Botafogo were 2-0 up on Sunday, just after the break, when a Vasco defender cleared the ball into the stands to give them some breathing space.
But, Fernanda Maia was standing on the touchline with another ball to restart the Botafogo attack almost immediately.
A quick throw to Sebastian “El Loco” Abreu saw the Uruguay striker set up Maicosuel for the third goal and all but wrap up the state championship for Botafogo.
Fernanda Maia has been credited with the “assist” for Maicosuel’s goal and has been featured by a number of publications since the match on Sunday.
Of course, it helps that Maia is easy on the eye but she has downplayed her part in the third Botafogo goal.
Maia: “I didn’t score the goal. Maicosuel did. He is quick and smart. I did what I always did.”
Since not just Botafogo play at Rio’s Olympic Stadium, the press in Brazil have been desperate to find out who Maia supports but she has refused to divulge.
And this could be just the beginning of Maia’s fame as she also announced “I want to be the ball boy at the World Cup final. Perhaps it can happen!”
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...