Borussia Monchengladbach confirm Luuk de Jong is on his way to Newcastle for a medical
- January 28, 2014
— Borussia (@borussia) January 28, 2014
With Newcastle set to lose Yohan Cabaye to PSG in the coming hours, there is some good news for the Toon.
Borussia Monchengladbach have confirmed via their Twitter feed that Dutch striker Luuk de Jong has not trained today and is on his way to Newcastle for a medical.
Newcastle have long been linked with Luuk de Jong who will add firepower up front alongside Loic Remy.
It may however cause chatter about the future of Papiss Demba Cisse, who has been linked with a move to Qatar.
De Jong was part of Holland’s impressive Under-21 squad last summer but has struggled in the Bundesliga, failing to score in 13 appearances this season – all off the bench.
The 23-year-old was much more impressive in Holland and scored 25 goals for FC Twente in 2012/2013.
- Newcastle v Borussia Monchengladbach: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Max Kruse and Christoph Kramer practise party trick before Monchengladbach win [Video]
- Bayern’s Manuel Neuer made an epic error as Gladbach won 2-0 in Munich [Official ...
- A look back at Hannover’s remarkable record-breaking own goal spree [Video]
- Gladbach’s Thorgan Hazard says his goal is to return to Chelsea one day [HLN]
- Thorgan Hazard explains permanent move from Chelsea to Gladbach [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...