- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Borussia Monchengladbach confirm Luuk de Jong is on his way to Newcastle for a medical
- January 28, 2014
— Borussia (@borussia) January 28, 2014
With Newcastle set to lose Yohan Cabaye to PSG in the coming hours, there is some good news for the Toon.
Borussia Monchengladbach have confirmed via their Twitter feed that Dutch striker Luuk de Jong has not trained today and is on his way to Newcastle for a medical.
Newcastle have long been linked with Luuk de Jong who will add firepower up front alongside Loic Remy.
It may however cause chatter about the future of Papiss Demba Cisse, who has been linked with a move to Qatar.
De Jong was part of Holland’s impressive Under-21 squad last summer but has struggled in the Bundesliga, failing to score in 13 appearances this season – all off the bench.
The 23-year-old was much more impressive in Holland and scored 25 goals for FC Twente in 2012/2013.