Borussia Monchengladbach confirm Luuk de Jong is on his way to Newcastle for a medical
— Borussia (@borussia) January 28, 2014
With Newcastle set to lose Yohan Cabaye to PSG in the coming hours, there is some good news for the Toon.
Borussia Monchengladbach have confirmed via their Twitter feed that Dutch striker Luuk de Jong has not trained today and is on his way to Newcastle for a medical.
Newcastle have long been linked with Luuk de Jong who will add firepower up front alongside Loic Remy.
It may however cause chatter about the future of Papiss Demba Cisse, who has been linked with a move to Qatar.
De Jong was part of Holland’s impressive Under-21 squad last summer but has struggled in the Bundesliga, failing to score in 13 appearances this season – all off the bench.
The 23-year-old was much more impressive in Holland and scored 25 goals for FC Twente in 2012/2013.
- Liverpool & Arsenal in a ‘bidding war’ for Swiss midfielder Granit Xhaka [Bild]
- Paul Pogba produced an awesome assist for Juventus equaliser v Gladbach (Official Videos)
- Borussia Mönchengladbach v Juventus: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- Schalke’s Johannes Geis issues formal apology after horror tackle injures Andre Hahn (Video)
- Ex-Newcastle defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa gets a historic low player rating from L’Equipe (Vi...
- Jamie Vardy gives Leicester a big boost before the Newcastle game
- Kieron Dyer makes a joke at Newcastle United’s expense on I’m a Celebrity (Video)
- Hatem Ben Arfa waxes lyrical about ‘hell’ of being a ‘prisoner’ at Newcas...