Borussia Monchengladbach confirm Luuk de Jong is on his way to Newcastle for a medical
— Borussia (@borussia) January 28, 2014
With Newcastle set to lose Yohan Cabaye to PSG in the coming hours, there is some good news for the Toon.
Borussia Monchengladbach have confirmed via their Twitter feed that Dutch striker Luuk de Jong has not trained today and is on his way to Newcastle for a medical.
Newcastle have long been linked with Luuk de Jong who will add firepower up front alongside Loic Remy.
It may however cause chatter about the future of Papiss Demba Cisse, who has been linked with a move to Qatar.
De Jong was part of Holland’s impressive Under-21 squad last summer but has struggled in the Bundesliga, failing to score in 13 appearances this season – all off the bench.
The 23-year-old was much more impressive in Holland and scored 25 goals for FC Twente in 2012/2013.
Watch Live Stream
- Monchengladbach reveal plans for Chelsea’s Andreas Christensen [Sport Bild]October 25, 2016
- Gladbach confirm they are missing big stars v CelticOctober 18, 2016
- Barcelona target a Chelsea defender who isn’t even on Antonio Conte’s radar [Sun]October 9, 2016
- Gladbach’s Thorgan Hazard talks about returning to Chelsea [HLN]October 1, 2016
- Newcastle hit Preston for 6 in the EFL Cup (official highlights video)October 27, 2016
- Newcastle v Preston: Watch a live stream of the EFL Cup matchOctober 25, 2016
- Dwight Gayle double in 2-0 Newcastle win at Barnsley sends Magpies top (Official Highlights)October 19, 2016
- Mad: Newcastle’s Rolando Aarons arrested after group of men ‘grind’ on his aunt in nightclubOctober 10, 2016