Borussia Monchengladbach confirm Luuk de Jong is on his way to Newcastle for a medical
— Borussia (@borussia) January 28, 2014
With Newcastle set to lose Yohan Cabaye to PSG in the coming hours, there is some good news for the Toon.
Borussia Monchengladbach have confirmed via their Twitter feed that Dutch striker Luuk de Jong has not trained today and is on his way to Newcastle for a medical.
Newcastle have long been linked with Luuk de Jong who will add firepower up front alongside Loic Remy.
It may however cause chatter about the future of Papiss Demba Cisse, who has been linked with a move to Qatar.
De Jong was part of Holland’s impressive Under-21 squad last summer but has struggled in the Bundesliga, failing to score in 13 appearances this season – all off the bench.
The 23-year-old was much more impressive in Holland and scored 25 goals for FC Twente in 2012/2013.
Watch Live Stream
- Mahmoud Dahoud drops a hint on Instagram linking him to LiverpoolJuly 3, 2016
- Granit Xhaka posts lengthy message on Instagram after signing for ArsenalMay 25, 2016
- Granit Xhaka pictured in Arsenal kit after completing signing from MonchengladbachMay 21, 2016
- Granit Xhaka ‘likes’ photo of a fan in a Xhaka Arsenal shirt on Instagram [Pictures]May 20, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp explains why he signed Georginio Wijnaldum (Video)July 23, 2016
- Liverpool present Georginio Wijnaldum after signing midfielder from Newcastle (Video)July 22, 2016
- Liverpool sign Georginio Wijnaldum from Newcastle United [Tweet]July 22, 2016
- Real Madrid interested in Newcastle United’s Moussa Sissoko [Chronicle]July 22, 2016