Borussia Monchengladbach confirm Luuk de Jong is on his way to Newcastle for a medical
- January 28, 2014
— Borussia (@borussia) January 28, 2014
With Newcastle set to lose Yohan Cabaye to PSG in the coming hours, there is some good news for the Toon.
Borussia Monchengladbach have confirmed via their Twitter feed that Dutch striker Luuk de Jong has not trained today and is on his way to Newcastle for a medical.
Newcastle have long been linked with Luuk de Jong who will add firepower up front alongside Loic Remy.
It may however cause chatter about the future of Papiss Demba Cisse, who has been linked with a move to Qatar.
De Jong was part of Holland’s impressive Under-21 squad last summer but has struggled in the Bundesliga, failing to score in 13 appearances this season – all off the bench.
The 23-year-old was much more impressive in Holland and scored 25 goals for FC Twente in 2012/2013.
- Newcastle v Borussia Monchengladbach: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Max Kruse and Christoph Kramer practise party trick before Monchengladbach win [Video]
- Bayern’s Manuel Neuer made an epic error as Gladbach won 2-0 in Munich [Official ...
- A look back at Hannover’s remarkable record-breaking own goal spree [Video]
- Gladbach’s Thorgan Hazard says his goal is to return to Chelsea one day [HLN]
- Thorgan Hazard explains permanent move from Chelsea to Gladbach [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi