Borussia Monchengladbach confirm Luuk de Jong is on his way to Newcastle for a medical
— Borussia (@borussia) January 28, 2014
With Newcastle set to lose Yohan Cabaye to PSG in the coming hours, there is some good news for the Toon.
Borussia Monchengladbach have confirmed via their Twitter feed that Dutch striker Luuk de Jong has not trained today and is on his way to Newcastle for a medical.
Newcastle have long been linked with Luuk de Jong who will add firepower up front alongside Loic Remy.
It may however cause chatter about the future of Papiss Demba Cisse, who has been linked with a move to Qatar.
De Jong was part of Holland’s impressive Under-21 squad last summer but has struggled in the Bundesliga, failing to score in 13 appearances this season – all off the bench.
The 23-year-old was much more impressive in Holland and scored 25 goals for FC Twente in 2012/2013.
Watch Live Stream
- Granit Xhaka posts lengthy message on Instagram after signing for ArsenalMay 25th, 2016
- Granit Xhaka pictured in Arsenal kit after completing signing from MonchengladbachMay 21st, 2016
- Granit Xhaka ‘likes’ photo of a fan in a Xhaka Arsenal shirt on Instagram [Pictures]May 20th, 2016
- Granit Xhaka travelling to London to sign for Arsenal [Artan Muhaxhiri]May 20th, 2016
- Leaked: All 3 Newcastle kits for 2016/2017 including Boca Juniors style awayMay 26th, 2016
- Class: Rafa Benitez first act after re-signing was visiting Newcastle’s disabled supporters...May 25th, 2016
- Rafa Benitez agrees to stay on at Newcastle United [BBC]May 25th, 2016
- Leaked: Newcastle United’s new home kit for 2016-17 in the ChampionshipMay 23rd, 2016