Borussia Dortmund want to sign Arsenal’s Gnabry having repeatedly scouted the young German [Bild]
German paper Bild have dropped a huge transfer rumour on Thursday claiming that Borussia Dortmund are chasing Arsenal’s exciting attacker midfielder Serge Gnabry.
The two-lined headline in Bild reads “Dortmund hat Gnabry schon beobchtet – Klopp heiß auf Arsenals Super-Bubi” (“Dortmund have scouted Gnabry – Klopp hot on Arsenal’s Super Bubi”).
The article reads as follows:
The transfer of Dortmund star Robert Lewandowski (25) to Bayern is done, and now the question is who will Dortmund sign in the summer to replace the striker?
The top candidate is still considered to Hoffenheim’s Kevin Volland (21), however there is a new, exciting name with in England who is being linked to BVB, Arsenal”s offensive talent Serge Gnabry (18).
Dortmund have already scouted Gnabry on a couple of occasions. The German-Ivorian is considered a true gem.
Gnabry is not a 1:1 replacement for Lewandowski as he is a winger. But coach Jürgen Klopp only just said: “We are considering different players and different systems.”
Of course, whether Dortmund could actually prise Gnabry away from the Emirates remains hugely doubtful.
The youngster, who is now set to play a significant role in the back-end of the season after the injury to Theo Walcott, is under contract at he Emirates until 2018, and the feeling is that Borussia would need to lodge a sizable offer on the table to persuade Arsene Wenger to sell one of the brightest stars on the Gunners books.
Serge Gnabry’s individual highlights from the North London Derby against Spurs in the FA Cup are below.
Watch Live Stream
- Alexis Sanchez shows his disappointment over the 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlistOctober 26, 2016
- Chelsea upload video of Nathaniel Chalobah’s double nutmeg v Man UnitedOctober 26, 2016
- The Ox celebrates Arsenal win over Reading with dressing room picture on InstagramOctober 26, 2016
- Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge is the same as Arsenal’s Theo Walcott (BBC Audio)October 26, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund CEO claims Spanish giant is monitoring Thomas Tuchel [ZDF]October 24, 2016
- Unreal pace: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang sublime solo goal for Dortmund v Sporting (Video)October 18, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund’s Ousmane Dembele voted the 2016 Golden Boy winner [France Football]October 16, 2016
- Aubameyang set for more transfer gossip due to his choice of team on FIFA 17 (video)October 13, 2016
- Werder Bremen’s Serge Gnabry surprises own team-mates with his pace (Video)October 13, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal youngster Serge Gnabry scores another lovely goal for Werder Bremen (video)October 1, 2016
- Look away Arsenal fans: Serge Gnabry scores a worldie for Werder Bremen (video)September 17, 2016
- Mesut Ozil influenced Serge Gnarby’s Arsenal move to Werder Bremen [Sport Bild]September 7, 2016