Borussia Dortmund want to sign Arsenal’s Gnabry having repeatedly scouted the young German [Bild]
German paper Bild have dropped a huge transfer rumour on Thursday claiming that Borussia Dortmund are chasing Arsenal’s exciting attacker midfielder Serge Gnabry.
The two-lined headline in Bild reads “Dortmund hat Gnabry schon beobchtet – Klopp heiß auf Arsenals Super-Bubi” (“Dortmund have scouted Gnabry – Klopp hot on Arsenal’s Super Bubi”).
The article reads as follows:
The transfer of Dortmund star Robert Lewandowski (25) to Bayern is done, and now the question is who will Dortmund sign in the summer to replace the striker?
The top candidate is still considered to Hoffenheim’s Kevin Volland (21), however there is a new, exciting name with in England who is being linked to BVB, Arsenal”s offensive talent Serge Gnabry (18).
Dortmund have already scouted Gnabry on a couple of occasions. The German-Ivorian is considered a true gem.
Gnabry is not a 1:1 replacement for Lewandowski as he is a winger. But coach Jürgen Klopp only just said: “We are considering different players and different systems.”
Of course, whether Dortmund could actually prise Gnabry away from the Emirates remains hugely doubtful.
The youngster, who is now set to play a significant role in the back-end of the season after the injury to Theo Walcott, is under contract at he Emirates until 2018, and the feeling is that Borussia would need to lodge a sizable offer on the table to persuade Arsene Wenger to sell one of the brightest stars on the Gunners books.
Serge Gnabry’s individual highlights from the North London Derby against Spurs in the FA Cup are below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal fans celebrate as the Gunners finally finish 1st in their Champions League group [Tweets]December 6, 2016
- Arsenal Top Group A after big win in Basel – Here’s who they could face in the next roundDecember 6, 2016
- Arsenal’s Lucas Perez equals Spurs’ competition total with hat-trick in 1st UCL start [Tweets]December 6, 2016
- Arsenal striker Lucas Perez on fire v Basel. Or is he? [Tweets]December 6, 2016
- Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund: Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 6, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan claims life under Jurgen Klopp was a ‘disaster’December 2, 2016
- Usain Bolt confirms he will play for Borussia Dortmund, discusses race with Aubameyang (video)November 30, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund 8 – Legia Warsaw 4: All the best stats from the highest scoring Champions League game everNovember 23, 2016
- Serge Gnabry talks up potential Bayern Munich moveNovember 17, 2016
- Weder Bremen troll Arsenal as Serge Gnabry scores hat-trick on Germany debutNovember 11, 2016
- Werder Bremen’s Serge Gnabry surprises own team-mates with his pace (Video)October 13, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal youngster Serge Gnabry scores another lovely goal for Werder Bremen (video)October 1, 2016