Borussia Dortmund want to sign Arsenal’s Gnabry having repeatedly scouted the young German [Bild]
- January 9, 2014
German paper Bild have dropped a huge transfer rumour on Thursday claiming that Borussia Dortmund are chasing Arsenal’s exciting attacker midfielder Serge Gnabry.
The two-lined headline in Bild reads “Dortmund hat Gnabry schon beobchtet – Klopp heiß auf Arsenals Super-Bubi” (“Dortmund have scouted Gnabry – Klopp hot on Arsenal’s Super Bubi”).
The article reads as follows:
The transfer of Dortmund star Robert Lewandowski (25) to Bayern is done, and now the question is who will Dortmund sign in the summer to replace the striker?
The top candidate is still considered to Hoffenheim’s Kevin Volland (21), however there is a new, exciting name with in England who is being linked to BVB, Arsenal”s offensive talent Serge Gnabry (18).
Dortmund have already scouted Gnabry on a couple of occasions. The German-Ivorian is considered a true gem.
Gnabry is not a 1:1 replacement for Lewandowski as he is a winger. But coach Jürgen Klopp only just said: “We are considering different players and different systems.”
Of course, whether Dortmund could actually prise Gnabry away from the Emirates remains hugely doubtful.
The youngster, who is now set to play a significant role in the back-end of the season after the injury to Theo Walcott, is under contract at he Emirates until 2018, and the feeling is that Borussia would need to lodge a sizable offer on the table to persuade Arsene Wenger to sell one of the brightest stars on the Gunners books.
Serge Gnabry’s individual highlights from the North London Derby against Spurs in the FA Cup are below.
- Mourinho takes no extra satisfaction from his Wenger record, sees Arsenal as title cont...
- Real Madrid considering new £40 million Arsenal bid for Karim Benzema (Fichajes)
- Theo Walcott is confident Arsenal can beat Chelsea in the Community Shield (Video)
- Theo Walcott & Santi Cazorla tweet delight at new Arsenal deals
- Arsene Wenger takes a Selfie
- Nacho Monreal wears his shorts back to front at Arsenal Members Day , Cazorla loves it ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi