Borussia Dortmund want to sign Arsenal’s Gnabry having repeatedly scouted the young German [Bild]
German paper Bild have dropped a huge transfer rumour on Thursday claiming that Borussia Dortmund are chasing Arsenal’s exciting attacker midfielder Serge Gnabry.
The two-lined headline in Bild reads “Dortmund hat Gnabry schon beobchtet – Klopp heiß auf Arsenals Super-Bubi” (“Dortmund have scouted Gnabry – Klopp hot on Arsenal’s Super Bubi”).
The article reads as follows:
The transfer of Dortmund star Robert Lewandowski (25) to Bayern is done, and now the question is who will Dortmund sign in the summer to replace the striker?
The top candidate is still considered to Hoffenheim’s Kevin Volland (21), however there is a new, exciting name with in England who is being linked to BVB, Arsenal”s offensive talent Serge Gnabry (18).
Dortmund have already scouted Gnabry on a couple of occasions. The German-Ivorian is considered a true gem.
Gnabry is not a 1:1 replacement for Lewandowski as he is a winger. But coach Jürgen Klopp only just said: “We are considering different players and different systems.”
Of course, whether Dortmund could actually prise Gnabry away from the Emirates remains hugely doubtful.
The youngster, who is now set to play a significant role in the back-end of the season after the injury to Theo Walcott, is under contract at he Emirates until 2018, and the feeling is that Borussia would need to lodge a sizable offer on the table to persuade Arsene Wenger to sell one of the brightest stars on the Gunners books.
Serge Gnabry’s individual highlights from the North London Derby against Spurs in the FA Cup are below.
Watch Live Stream
- Done deal: Arsenal finally confirm the signing of Gladbach star Granit Xhaka (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Arsenal fans aren’t happy about Laurent Koscielny being given captain’s armband [Tweets]May 25th, 2016
- N’Golo Kante rejects new Leicester deal, Arsenal remain favourites [La Parisien]May 25th, 2016
- Arsenal have offered €60m to Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata [TuttoSport]May 25th, 2016
- Manchester City to announce £20m deal for Dortmund star Ilkay Gundogan today [BILD]May 24th, 2016
- Man City set to spent big money on BVB’s Ilkay Gundogan even though he’s injured [Kic...May 22nd, 2016
- Bayern’s Franck Ribery gets away with disgusting eye gouge in Cup final v DortmundMay 21st, 2016
- Bayern and Dortmund fans pass each other on boats before German Cup final (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Arsenal’s Danny Welbeck & Serge Gnabry partake in laughter fuelled rapid fire question...May 9th, 2016
- Tony Pulis claims Arsenal loanee Serge Gnabry is not at the level to play for West BromOctober 27th, 2015
- Arsenal fans react to Serge Gnabry’s possible loan move to West Brom [Tweets]July 12th, 2015
- Emphatic finish! Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry scores first goal since injury in U21 win over Stok...October 27th, 2014