Borussia Dortmund make an official bid for Serie A’s top scorer & Tornio star Ciro Immobile [Süddeutsche]
- May 8, 2014
A potentially important transfer move could be about to happen on the continent as it’s been confirmed by German paper Süddeutsche that Borussia Dortmund have made an official bid for Serie A’s top scorer and Tornio starlet Ciro Immobile.
Immobile, 24-year-old, is set to be part of Italy’s World Cup squad in Brazil this summer, where he will face England, Costa Rica and Uruguay in the group phase.
Immobile has scored 21 goals in Serie A this season, and incredibly not one of those goals have come from the penalty spot.
Süddeutsche now report that, on Thursday, BVB sporting director Michael Zorc personally delivered a formal offer at Torino for Immobile, and the Azzurri striker’s lawyer and consultant, Marco Sommilla, has confirmed the approach to the German paper.
According to the rumour mill, Borussia Dortmund’s official was for €19m.
Noticeably, if Immobile were to go to Dortmund, it would be the third consecutive year Serie A has lost its Capocannoniere.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang wins plaudits for signing Dortmund deal in snazzy attire (Pic...
- Off to Arsenal or Liverpool? Marco Reus was with his agent at Heathrow airport on Tuesd...
- Mats Hummels knows who ate all the pies at Borussia Dortmund last season
- Marco Reus runs the length of the pitch, nutmegs Bonucci and scores solo beauty (Video)
- Dortmund’s Aubameyang finishes off brilliant counter-attack versus Juventus (Video)
- Tottenham join Arsenal in race for 26-year-old striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang [Franc...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi