- Watch Lionel Messi watch his Barcelona tribute for becoming La Liga top goal scorer
- AC Milan v Inter Milan: Watch a live stream of the Derby della Madonnina – available in UK
- Liverpool linked to £10m bid for Norwich’s Nathan Redmond in the Sunday Star [Picture]
- Superfan Claude doesn’t think Gunners will make top 4 after Man United loss [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Mario Balotelli turns up at the boxing, surely out of Crystal Palace v Liverpool
Borussia Dortmund lined up an official bid for Shinji Kagawa but the Japanese star has decided to stay at Man United
Top German football journalist Raphael Honigstein took to Twitter on Monday night to deliver some interesting news regarding Man United’s Shinji Kagawa.
Honigstein, who writes regularly for the Guardian and Süddeutsche Zeitung, claims that Kagawa has rebuffed an official approach from Borussia Dortmund in order to continue his career at Old Trafford.
According to Honigstein, Dortmund’s were not looking for a swap deal for Kagawa i.e. ruling out any thoughts that Marco Rues was being considered asa makeweight in the deal.
The news of Kagawa’s decision to stay in Manchester may take some by surprise. Even taking into the breaking news that David Moyes is set to be axed by the Red Devils, Kagawa has failed to hit the high notes since arriving at the Theatre of Dreams from Dortmund, and the attacking midfielder is well known for loving BVB and wishing to return to the club one day in his future.
Putting two and two together to make five, some may see the latest Shinji Kagawa update as an indication that Jurgen Klopp could be set to become Man United’s next manager.
Was told today that Dortmund were lining up an official bid for Kagawa. (NOT a swap) Won't happen now – Shinji wants to stay.
— Raphael Honigstein (@honigstein) April 21, 2014
- Updated: April 22, 2014