Borussia Dortmund lined up an official bid for Shinji Kagawa but the Japanese star has decided to stay at Man United
- April 22, 2014
Top German football journalist Raphael Honigstein took to Twitter on Monday night to deliver some interesting news regarding Man United’s Shinji Kagawa.
Honigstein, who writes regularly for the Guardian and Süddeutsche Zeitung, claims that Kagawa has rebuffed an official approach from Borussia Dortmund in order to continue his career at Old Trafford.
According to Honigstein, Dortmund’s were not looking for a swap deal for Kagawa i.e. ruling out any thoughts that Marco Rues was being considered asa makeweight in the deal.
The news of Kagawa’s decision to stay in Manchester may take some by surprise. Even taking into the breaking news that David Moyes is set to be axed by the Red Devils, Kagawa has failed to hit the high notes since arriving at the Theatre of Dreams from Dortmund, and the attacking midfielder is well known for loving BVB and wishing to return to the club one day in his future.
Putting two and two together to make five, some may see the latest Shinji Kagawa update as an indication that Jurgen Klopp could be set to become Man United’s next manager.
Was told today that Dortmund were lining up an official bid for Kagawa. (NOT a swap) Won't happen now – Shinji wants to stay.
— Raphael Honigstein (@honigstein) April 21, 2014
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...