Borussia Dortmund lined up an official bid for Shinji Kagawa but the Japanese star has decided to stay at Man United
- April 22, 2014
Top German football journalist Raphael Honigstein took to Twitter on Monday night to deliver some interesting news regarding Man United’s Shinji Kagawa.
Honigstein, who writes regularly for the Guardian and Süddeutsche Zeitung, claims that Kagawa has rebuffed an official approach from Borussia Dortmund in order to continue his career at Old Trafford.
According to Honigstein, Dortmund’s were not looking for a swap deal for Kagawa i.e. ruling out any thoughts that Marco Rues was being considered asa makeweight in the deal.
The news of Kagawa’s decision to stay in Manchester may take some by surprise. Even taking into the breaking news that David Moyes is set to be axed by the Red Devils, Kagawa has failed to hit the high notes since arriving at the Theatre of Dreams from Dortmund, and the attacking midfielder is well known for loving BVB and wishing to return to the club one day in his future.
Putting two and two together to make five, some may see the latest Shinji Kagawa update as an indication that Jurgen Klopp could be set to become Man United’s next manager.
Was told today that Dortmund were lining up an official bid for Kagawa. (NOT a swap) Won't happen now – Shinji wants to stay.
— Raphael Honigstein (@honigstein) April 21, 2014
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus to miss Germany qualifiers with broken toe [Tweets]
- Borussia Dortmund do not have an option to buy Man United’s Adnan Januzaj [Press ...
- Man United turned down chance to sign Dortmund’s Marco Reus for £60 million (ESPN)
- Man United winger Adnan Januzaj confirms loan move to Borrusia Dortmund on Instagram
- Borussia Dortmund in advanced talks with Man United over Adnan Januzaj loan deal [Sky S...
- “17 years old? What the f***” Dortmund’s Mats Hummels on Odd’s ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...