Borussia Dortmund lined up an official bid for Shinji Kagawa but the Japanese star has decided to stay at Man United
Top German football journalist Raphael Honigstein took to Twitter on Monday night to deliver some interesting news regarding Man United’s Shinji Kagawa.
Honigstein, who writes regularly for the Guardian and Süddeutsche Zeitung, claims that Kagawa has rebuffed an official approach from Borussia Dortmund in order to continue his career at Old Trafford.
According to Honigstein, Dortmund’s were not looking for a swap deal for Kagawa i.e. ruling out any thoughts that Marco Rues was being considered asa makeweight in the deal.
The news of Kagawa’s decision to stay in Manchester may take some by surprise. Even taking into the breaking news that David Moyes is set to be axed by the Red Devils, Kagawa has failed to hit the high notes since arriving at the Theatre of Dreams from Dortmund, and the attacking midfielder is well known for loving BVB and wishing to return to the club one day in his future.
Putting two and two together to make five, some may see the latest Shinji Kagawa update as an indication that Jurgen Klopp could be set to become Man United’s next manager.
Was told today that Dortmund were lining up an official bid for Kagawa. (NOT a swap) Won't happen now – Shinji wants to stay.
— Raphael Honigstein (@honigstein) April 21, 2014
- Robert Lewandowski v Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Stat comparison before Bayern v Borussi...
- Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- Liverpool, take note: Jurgen Klopp rejected an approach from the Mexican FA
- Dortmund draw at home to Darmstadt, Aubameyang breaks record (Highlights)
- Man United consider selling Marcos Rojo to Zenit after he’s fallen out with Louis...
- Thierry Henry on why he loves Arsenal v Manchester United (Video)
- Sunday Specials! Silly odds for Everton-Liverpool & Arsenal-Man United, Bayern pri...
- ‘I meant the assist’: Juan Mata talks to BeIN Sport before Man United’...
- Ten of the worst footballer adverts, feat. Shinji Kagawa and Lionel Messi (Video)
- Dancing feet: Borussia Dortmund’s Shinji Kagawa scores tremendous goal for Japan ...
- Japan’s Shinji Kagawa misses open goal from 5 yards out v Cambodia (Video)
- Borussia Dortmund hit Kawasaki Frontale for 6 [Official Highlights]