Borussia Dortmund have agreed terms with Sunderland to sign Ji Dong Won who’s in Korea nursing an “injury” [Bild]
In just over two weeks the January transfer window reopens, and leading German daily Bild are reporting a shock deal between Borussia Dortmund and Sunderland on Monday.
According to Bild, Jurgen Klopp’s football hipsters have agreed terms with Sunderland to sign Ji Dong Won who’s in currently in South Korea nursing an “injury”.
Ji Dong Won signed a 3-year-old at the Stadium of Light back in 2011, and this summer the Korean international becomes a free agent again.
After being signed by Steve Bruce, the 22-year-old striker has failed to cement a regular starting spot for the Black Cats during his time on Wearside, with the Sunderland #27 have ratcheted up just 23 appearances and two goals for the Black Cats.
With his chances at Sunderland being so limited, Ji was loaned out to Augsburg at the back end of last season, where the forward excelled with five goals in 17 matches in the Bundesliga. Those performance allegedly caught the eye of the Borussia Dortmund manager, and now Klopp, after trying to sign Ji in the summer, looks set to scoop up the player in January.
Sunderland would like to receive a fee around £5m for Ji, who is currently sat in his homeland nursing an “injury”.
Watch Live Stream
- Borussia Dortmund CEO claims Spanish giant is monitoring Thomas Tuchel [ZDF]October 24, 2016
- Unreal pace: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang sublime solo goal for Dortmund v Sporting (Video)October 18, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund’s Ousmane Dembele voted the 2016 Golden Boy winner [France Football]October 16, 2016
- Aubameyang set for more transfer gossip due to his choice of team on FIFA 17 (video)October 13, 2016
- Victor Anichebe’s embarrassing Twitter blunder following Sunderland’s defeat at West HamOctober 23, 2016
- Sam Allardyce could make Sunderland return if takeover goes through [The Sun]October 20, 2016
- Slovak keeper Alex Fojticek makes a horror mistake for Man United U18 v Sunderland (Video)October 8, 2016
- Jermain Defoe equals a Spurs & Man United legend in the EPL all-time scoring chartsSeptember 24, 2016