Borussia Dortmund have agreed terms with Sunderland to sign Ji Dong Won who’s in Korea nursing an “injury” [Bild]
- December 16, 2013
In just over two weeks the January transfer window reopens, and leading German daily Bild are reporting a shock deal between Borussia Dortmund and Sunderland on Monday.
According to Bild, Jurgen Klopp’s football hipsters have agreed terms with Sunderland to sign Ji Dong Won who’s in currently in South Korea nursing an “injury”.
Ji Dong Won signed a 3-year-old at the Stadium of Light back in 2011, and this summer the Korean international becomes a free agent again.
After being signed by Steve Bruce, the 22-year-old striker has failed to cement a regular starting spot for the Black Cats during his time on Wearside, with the Sunderland #27 have ratcheted up just 23 appearances and two goals for the Black Cats.
With his chances at Sunderland being so limited, Ji was loaned out to Augsburg at the back end of last season, where the forward excelled with five goals in 17 matches in the Bundesliga. Those performance allegedly caught the eye of the Borussia Dortmund manager, and now Klopp, after trying to sign Ji in the summer, looks set to scoop up the player in January.
Sunderland would like to receive a fee around £5m for Ji, who is currently sat in his homeland nursing an “injury”.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...