Borussia Dortmund fans threw bananas at Bayern Munich goalie Manuel Neuer… again!
- November 23, 2013
We’ve seen this before back in 2012 and since.
Bayern Munich keeper Manuel Neuer was pelted with bananas thrown by Borussia Dortmund fan before the big Bundesliga match on Saturday.
There seem to be two reasons why Dortmund fans chuck bananas at Neuer.
According to one line of reasoning, Neuer’s banana storm was apparently a call back to when Dortmund fans used to give the same treatment to former Bayern keeper Oliver Kahn, who was nicknamed ‘Apeman’.
Meanwhile a second explanation runs that the Bundesliga trophy is referred to as the “bowl”, which in German is close to the word for banana. Thus the Dortmund fans hulring bananas is equivalent to the BVB supporters saying the only way Bayern willwin the Bundesliga ‘bowl’ is by getting bananas.
Neuer, of course, joined Bayern from Schalke, who are Borussia Dortmund’s great local rivals.
Watch footage of Borussia Dortmund fans throwing bananas at Bayern Munich goalie Manuel Neuer below.
- Confirmed pots for Thursday’s UCL draw ft. Man United & Arsenal in pot 2 [Gr...
- Paris train hero Alek Skarlatos gets VIP treatment from Bayern Munich squad [Tweet]
- Bayern Munich stars don lederhosen in annual Paulaner photo shoot for Oktoberfest (Video)
- Thomas Muller gave Arturo Vidal a head massage in Bayern Munich training (Video)
- Franck Ribery’s brother Steeven Ribery (19) nets incredible golazo for Bayern Mun...
- Bayern Munich hold talks with the representatives of Man City target Kevin De Bruyne [S...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...