- Adriano announces on Twitter that he’s signed for Ligue 2 club Le Havre
- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
- Andy Murray bags an Alexis Sanchez Arsenal shirt for Christmas!
- Sunderland winger Adam Johnson TROLLS Newcastle with Christmas message!
Borussia Dortmund fans threw bananas at Bayern Munich goalie Manuel Neuer… again!
We’ve seen this before back in 2012 and since.
Bayern Munich keeper Manuel Neuer was pelted with bananas thrown by Borussia Dortmund fan before the big Bundesliga match on Saturday.
There seem to be two reasons why Dortmund fans chuck bananas at Neuer.
According to one line of reasoning, Neuer’s banana storm was apparently a call back to when Dortmund fans used to give the same treatment to former Bayern keeper Oliver Kahn, who was nicknamed ‘Apeman’.
Meanwhile a second explanation runs that the Bundesliga trophy is referred to as the “bowl”, which in German is close to the word for banana. Thus the Dortmund fans hulring bananas is equivalent to the BVB supporters saying the only way Bayern willwin the Bundesliga ‘bowl’ is by getting bananas.
Neuer, of course, joined Bayern from Schalke, who are Borussia Dortmund’s great local rivals.
Watch footage of Borussia Dortmund fans throwing bananas at Bayern Munich goalie Manuel Neuer below.
- Updated: November 23, 2013