Borussia Bye-Bye! Emotional farewells at Dortmund for Robert Lewandowski and Gladbach for Marc-Andre Ter Stegen [Videos]
- May 4, 2014
It was an emotional weekend in the Bundesliga as two clubs said goodbye to their star players.
Both Borussia Dortmund and Borussia Monchengladbach fans were given the opportunity to wave away two respected beloved stars in the shape of striker Robert Lewandowski and goalkeeper Marc-Andre Ter Stegen.
Dortmund relations with Lewandowski have been strained in the last year as the Polish forward has itched for a move to bitter rivals Bayern Munich, a move he will complete in the summer when his Dortmund contract runs out, but the fans didn’t hold it against him as they bid farewell to the prolific attacker after the club’s win over Hoffenheim.
In differing circumstances, after their 3-1 win over Mainz, Gladbach fans wished an emotional Ter Stegen well, the goalkeeper is expected to join Barcelona in the summer, after an astonishing 18 years at the club. The 22-year-old keeper joining the Gladbach set-up when he was just four!
It is traditional for clubs in Germany to give loyal servants a good send-off and they lived up to that code of honour this weekend.
- Watch a Liverpool fan beg Jurgen Klopp to come to Anfield in 2013 (video)
- Robert Lewandowski v Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Stat comparison before Bayern v Borussi...
- Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- Liverpool, take note: Jurgen Klopp rejected an approach from the Mexican FA
- Hecking gets heckled: Wolfsburg coach had to sit with Gladbach fans (Video)
- Ba-Muaka Simakala (Monchengladbach) scores overhead vs Sevilla in UEFA Youth League (Vi...
- Borussia Monchengladbach will donate €46,000 from first UCL game to Syrian refugees
- Newcastle v Borussia Monchengladbach: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly