Borussia Bye-Bye! Emotional farewells at Dortmund for Robert Lewandowski and Gladbach for Marc-Andre Ter Stegen [Videos]
- May 4, 2014
It was an emotional weekend in the Bundesliga as two clubs said goodbye to their star players.
Both Borussia Dortmund and Borussia Monchengladbach fans were given the opportunity to wave away two respected beloved stars in the shape of striker Robert Lewandowski and goalkeeper Marc-Andre Ter Stegen.
Dortmund relations with Lewandowski have been strained in the last year as the Polish forward has itched for a move to bitter rivals Bayern Munich, a move he will complete in the summer when his Dortmund contract runs out, but the fans didn’t hold it against him as they bid farewell to the prolific attacker after the club’s win over Hoffenheim.
In differing circumstances, after their 3-1 win over Mainz, Gladbach fans wished an emotional Ter Stegen well, the goalkeeper is expected to join Barcelona in the summer, after an astonishing 18 years at the club. The 22-year-old keeper joining the Gladbach set-up when he was just four!
It is traditional for clubs in Germany to give loyal servants a good send-off and they lived up to that code of honour this weekend.
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...