Borussia Bye-Bye! Emotional farewells at Dortmund for Robert Lewandowski and Gladbach for Marc-Andre Ter Stegen [Videos]
- May 4, 2014
It was an emotional weekend in the Bundesliga as two clubs said goodbye to their star players.
Both Borussia Dortmund and Borussia Monchengladbach fans were given the opportunity to wave away two respected beloved stars in the shape of striker Robert Lewandowski and goalkeeper Marc-Andre Ter Stegen.
Dortmund relations with Lewandowski have been strained in the last year as the Polish forward has itched for a move to bitter rivals Bayern Munich, a move he will complete in the summer when his Dortmund contract runs out, but the fans didn’t hold it against him as they bid farewell to the prolific attacker after the club’s win over Hoffenheim.
In differing circumstances, after their 3-1 win over Mainz, Gladbach fans wished an emotional Ter Stegen well, the goalkeeper is expected to join Barcelona in the summer, after an astonishing 18 years at the club. The 22-year-old keeper joining the Gladbach set-up when he was just four!
It is traditional for clubs in Germany to give loyal servants a good send-off and they lived up to that code of honour this weekend.
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- President of Turkish club Antalyaspor says Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto’o are signin...
- Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta plays golf & does keepy uppies with Justin Rose [...
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi helped save the life of Argentine man kidnapped in Nigeria
- Sell-out: Barcelona legend Xavi backs Qatar to host a successful World Cup in 2022
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi