- FIFA & the Qatar World Cup bid are torn to shreds on Have I Got News for You [Official Video]
- Luke Shaw’s injury worse than 1st thought, he maybe out for Man United for 6 weeks [Telegraph]
- Real Madrid close in on €15m Cruzeiro midfielder Lucas Silva, Sami Khedira is off [Marca]
- YouTube channel Trollstation upload video of their Tottenham v Partizan pitch invaders
- Superclasico: River Plate beat Boca Juniors to reach the Copa Sudamericana final [Highlights]
Borussia Bye-Bye! Emotional farewells at Dortmund for Robert Lewandowski and Gladbach for Marc-Andre Ter Stegen [Videos]
It was an emotional weekend in the Bundesliga as two clubs said goodbye to their star players.
Both Borussia Dortmund and Borussia Monchengladbach fans were given the opportunity to wave away two respected beloved stars in the shape of striker Robert Lewandowski and goalkeeper Marc-Andre Ter Stegen.
Dortmund relations with Lewandowski have been strained in the last year as the Polish forward has itched for a move to bitter rivals Bayern Munich, a move he will complete in the summer when his Dortmund contract runs out, but the fans didn’t hold it against him as they bid farewell to the prolific attacker after the club’s win over Hoffenheim.
In differing circumstances, after their 3-1 win over Mainz, Gladbach fans wished an emotional Ter Stegen well, the goalkeeper is expected to join Barcelona in the summer, after an astonishing 18 years at the club. The 22-year-old keeper joining the Gladbach set-up when he was just four!
It is traditional for clubs in Germany to give loyal servants a good send-off and they lived up to that code of honour this weekend.
- Updated: May 4, 2014