Borussia Bye-Bye! Emotional farewells at Dortmund for Robert Lewandowski and Gladbach for Marc-Andre Ter Stegen [Videos]
- May 4, 2014
It was an emotional weekend in the Bundesliga as two clubs said goodbye to their star players.
Both Borussia Dortmund and Borussia Monchengladbach fans were given the opportunity to wave away two respected beloved stars in the shape of striker Robert Lewandowski and goalkeeper Marc-Andre Ter Stegen.
Dortmund relations with Lewandowski have been strained in the last year as the Polish forward has itched for a move to bitter rivals Bayern Munich, a move he will complete in the summer when his Dortmund contract runs out, but the fans didn’t hold it against him as they bid farewell to the prolific attacker after the club’s win over Hoffenheim.
In differing circumstances, after their 3-1 win over Mainz, Gladbach fans wished an emotional Ter Stegen well, the goalkeeper is expected to join Barcelona in the summer, after an astonishing 18 years at the club. The 22-year-old keeper joining the Gladbach set-up when he was just four!
It is traditional for clubs in Germany to give loyal servants a good send-off and they lived up to that code of honour this weekend.
Watch Live Stream
- Sergio Ramos’ hero’s welcome from the Real Madrid dressing room after El Clasico (Video)December 4, 2016
- Leo Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo shared a bromantic moment during El Clasico (video)December 4, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo suffers more homophobic abuse from Barcelona crowd during El ClasicoDecember 4, 2016
- Steven Gerrard reveals how Luis Suarez hooked him up for El ClasicoDecember 4, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan claims life under Jurgen Klopp was a ‘disaster’December 2, 2016
- Usain Bolt confirms he will play for Borussia Dortmund, discusses race with Aubameyang (video)November 30, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund 8 – Legia Warsaw 4: All the best stats from the highest scoring Champions League game everNovember 23, 2016
- Marco Reus scores on his Dortmund return to make it 5-2 in 33rd minute (Video)November 22, 2016
- Ball Boy vs Bundesliga stars including Lewandowski and Ribery (Video)November 21, 2016
- Liverpool’s endless efforts to sign Mahmoud Dahoud may fail as Dortmund enter the mix [Bild]November 14, 2016
- Thorgan Hazard questions Chelsea’s handling of youngsters [Nieuwsblad]November 13, 2016
- Chelsea’s January priority is to re-sign midfielder they let go last year.November 2, 2016