Boreham Wood score cheeky free-kick v Arsenal U21s [video]
- July 20, 2013
Whilst Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal first team are on their tour of Asia, playing to massive crowds, the Gunners Under-21 side suffered their first pre-season defeat against Boreham Wood on Saturday.
The Arsenal Under-21 side featured some big names despite their tender years, including summer signing Dan Crowley and Brazilian Wellington Silva.
But, they were 2-0 down at half-time thanks to an opener by Graeme Montgomery on 12 minutes and a second five minutes later by Mario Noto, who flashed home a free-kick round the wall.
Luke Garrard was responsible for repositioning the ball, and according to the report on Arsenal.com, Gunners striker Austin Lipman protested the goal to no avail.
Would Boreham Wood have got away with it in a competitive match?
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...