Boreham Wood score cheeky free-kick v Arsenal U21s [video]
- July 20, 2013
Whilst Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal first team are on their tour of Asia, playing to massive crowds, the Gunners Under-21 side suffered their first pre-season defeat against Boreham Wood on Saturday.
The Arsenal Under-21 side featured some big names despite their tender years, including summer signing Dan Crowley and Brazilian Wellington Silva.
But, they were 2-0 down at half-time thanks to an opener by Graeme Montgomery on 12 minutes and a second five minutes later by Mario Noto, who flashed home a free-kick round the wall.
Luke Garrard was responsible for repositioning the ball, and according to the report on Arsenal.com, Gunners striker Austin Lipman protested the goal to no avail.
Would Boreham Wood have got away with it in a competitive match?
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech wants to play until he’s 40, bashes Chelsea Twitter tro...
- West Ham are ‘very close’ to signing Alex Song and Arsenal’s Carl Jen...
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Gunners fans wish Abou Diaby farewell as he is officially released by Arsenal [Tweets]
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez produces really classy gesture at Chile training [video]
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi