- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Boreham Wood score cheeky free-kick v Arsenal U21s [video]
Whilst Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal first team are on their tour of Asia, playing to massive crowds, the Gunners Under-21 side suffered their first pre-season defeat against Boreham Wood on Saturday.
The Arsenal Under-21 side featured some big names despite their tender years, including summer signing Dan Crowley and Brazilian Wellington Silva.
But, they were 2-0 down at half-time thanks to an opener by Graeme Montgomery on 12 minutes and a second five minutes later by Mario Noto, who flashed home a free-kick round the wall.
Luke Garrard was responsible for repositioning the ball, and according to the report on Arsenal.com, Gunners striker Austin Lipman protested the goal to no avail.
Would Boreham Wood have got away with it in a competitive match?
- Updated: July 20, 2013