BOOM! The quickest goal in New Zealand soccer history is scored after 3.8 seconds [Video]
- February 11, 2014
One the fastest goals ever seen in world football was recorded two weeks ago in New Zealand.
Heartland Wairarapa took just 3.8 seconds to take the lead against Canterbury United in their ASB Youth League with an incredible goal straight from kick off.
Wairarapa’s centre was passed to Pedro Garcias, and the 35-year-old (one of two overage players each side is allowed in the U19 competition) smacked a stunning 50-yard shot over the Canterbury keeper and into the net.
For the record, Canterbury United recovered from their early setback to win 4-2.
Watch one of the fastest goals in football history below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]