Bomb explodes at match in Nigeria; up to 40 people feared dead [Reports]
- June 1, 2014
A bomb has gone off in the Nigerian town of Mubi, potentially killing up to 40 people, according to reports.
According to news site, News24: “The bomber struck the town of Mubi in Adamawa state in the evening, said resident Emmanuel Akinyele, a local church pastor.
A military source said the death toll was not clear, but that some bodies had been recovered from the scene.”
While Yahoo report: ” A bomb attack targeting fans watching a match at a football pitch in Nigeria’s restive northeast killed at least 40 people on Sunday, a police officer told AFP.
‘There has been a bomb explosion at a football field this evening and so far more than 40 people have been killed,’ said the officer who requested anonymity in the town of Mubi, which has been attacked before by Boko Haram Islamists.”
More details to follow.
- Spurs wonderkid Musa Yahaya bags rabona assist & solo golazo v Brazil U20 [Videos]
- Bernard Bulbwa (Nigeria U20) unbelievable flick & volley golazo in final v Senegal ...
- Reigning champions Nigeria fail to qualify for ACN after drawing with South Africa [Ful...
- The best Tweets as France leave it late to beat Nigeria 2-0
- CRUSH THE BOOKIES: Back France at a scandalous 3/1 to beat Nigeria! [Betting Preview ...
- Messi is so good! Vincent Enyeama jokes at half-time with referee of Nigeria-Argentina
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi