Body of God: Argentina’s Ezequiel Lavezzi reveals Diego Maradona tattoo on his torso v Nigeria [Picture]
- June 25, 2014
Diego Maradona is a genuine living legend in Argentina, and his aura is felt within the Albiceleste camp to this day for his 1986 heroics.
And even more so for the likes of Pablo Aimar, Lionel Messi, and Ezequiel Lavezzi, who were all dubbed ‘the Next Maradona’.
In the case of ‘El Pocho’ Lavezzi, he’s taken his idolatry to another level adding a Diego Maradona tattoo to his ink-covered body.
The tattoo of Maradona heading a football to the left of Lavezzi’s torso could be seen as he got stripped off to come on against Nigeria today.
A nice visual reminder for Messi as the World Cup goes on, seeing the face of the man whose heroics he needs to supersede to be placed in the same pantheon.
- Atletico Madrid’s Angel Correa scores within 3 minutes of Argentina debut (Video)
- Lionel Messi scores brace in Argentina’s 7-0 win over Bolivia (Videos)
- High foot: Emmanuel Más sent off for outrageous stamp to the head in Argentina (Video)
- Leo Messi’s school in Rosario honour the Barca star with giant hand-painted tribu...
- “Eternal friend”: Diego Maradona posts about re-uniting with England-Argent...
- Man United & Man City stars selected for Argentina’s latest squad, Erik Lame...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...