- An ugly bench clearing brawl stopped Tottenham’s U18s match v USA U17 early [Video]
- Ouch! Quini takes out his Rayo Vallecano coach with a two footed tackle v Espanyol [Video]
- Pochettino presser: Spurs boss delighted with 3 wins in a week, says Lamela needs time [video]
- Radamel Falcao’s wife celebrates Man United goal at Aston Villa on Instagram
- Double scoring Memphis Depay’s incredible PSV performance v Go Ahead Eagles [Individual highlights]
Body of God: Argentina’s Ezequiel Lavezzi reveals Diego Maradona tattoo on his torso v Nigeria [Picture]
Diego Maradona is a genuine living legend in Argentina, and his aura is felt within the Albiceleste camp to this day for his 1986 heroics.
And even more so for the likes of Pablo Aimar, Lionel Messi, and Ezequiel Lavezzi, who were all dubbed ‘the Next Maradona’.
In the case of ‘El Pocho’ Lavezzi, he’s taken his idolatry to another level adding a Diego Maradona tattoo to his ink-covered body.
The tattoo of Maradona heading a football to the left of Lavezzi’s torso could be seen as he got stripped off to come on against Nigeria today.
A nice visual reminder for Messi as the World Cup goes on, seeing the face of the man whose heroics he needs to supersede to be placed in the same pantheon.
- Updated: June 25, 2014