Boca Juniors fans riot & loot in Buenos Aires during demonstration for incoming coach Carlos Bianchi
- December 13, 2012
Sao Paulo’s abandoned Copa Sudamericana final with Tigre was not the only football related violence in South America on Wednesday.
Over 50,000 Boca Juniors fans took to the streets in Buenos Aires for a range of reasons, according to reports in Argentina.
Chief amongst these was the fact it was 12/12/12 and many Boca Juniors took the opportunity to call for legend of the club, Carlos Bianchi, to return to Boca as coach.
As is often the way with Boca, a section of youths caused plenty of violence late on in the day with riot police called in and fire hoses used to disperse the crowds.
Footage of the riot police and shops being looted is on the video below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”276116″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi