- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Bob Wilson: ‘Wenger may have decided to leave Arsenal had he failed to win FA Cup’ [BBC Five Live, Audio]
Former Arsenal keeper, goalkeeping coach and all-round gentleman Bob Wilson gave an interesting interview with BBC Radio Five Live yesterday, in which he intimated Wenger may have left this summer had he failed to win the FA Cup.
As a friend and former colleague of Wenger, Wilson chooses his words wisely; he doesn’t explicitly say he would have left, because they didn’t speak about it, but he says that ‘knowing Arsene like I do’, he would have very strongly considered whether it was the right time to leave had they lost to Hull in the FA Cup final.
Wilson defends Wenger to the hilt, insisting the continued Champions League qualification is success in itself, saying not enough credit is given for that.
- Updated: May 31, 2014