Bob Wilson: ‘Wenger may have decided to leave Arsenal had he failed to win FA Cup’ [BBC Five Live, Audio]
Former Arsenal keeper, goalkeeping coach and all-round gentleman Bob Wilson gave an interesting interview with BBC Radio Five Live yesterday, in which he intimated Wenger may have left this summer had he failed to win the FA Cup.
As a friend and former colleague of Wenger, Wilson chooses his words wisely; he doesn’t explicitly say he would have left, because they didn’t speak about it, but he says that ‘knowing Arsene like I do’, he would have very strongly considered whether it was the right time to leave had they lost to Hull in the FA Cup final.
Wilson defends Wenger to the hilt, insisting the continued Champions League qualification is success in itself, saying not enough credit is given for that.
Watch Live Stream
- Leicester ready to offer Riyad Mahrez £100k-a-week to reject Arsenal [Express]July 29, 2016
- Arsenal mock Spurs on Twitter after beating MLS All-Stars 2-1July 29, 2016
- Must read: Kim Kallstrom brilliantly recounts his time at ArsenalJuly 29, 2016
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba jokes about signing for Arsenal after friendly defeat (Video)July 29, 2016
- Arsene Wenger confirms Arsenal are keen on signing another attacker (Video)July 29, 2016
- Francis Coquelin reveals he’s training at CB; Arsenal fans fret and curse Wenger [Tweets]July 27, 2016
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas discusses his special relationship with Arsene Wenger (Video)July 24, 2016
- Arsene Wenger on transfers: Arsenal have to be good at poker (Video & Tweets)July 23, 2016