Bob Wilson: ‘Wenger may have decided to leave Arsenal had he failed to win FA Cup’ [BBC Five Live, Audio]
- May 31, 2014
Former Arsenal keeper, goalkeeping coach and all-round gentleman Bob Wilson gave an interesting interview with BBC Radio Five Live yesterday, in which he intimated Wenger may have left this summer had he failed to win the FA Cup.
As a friend and former colleague of Wenger, Wilson chooses his words wisely; he doesn’t explicitly say he would have left, because they didn’t speak about it, but he says that ‘knowing Arsene like I do’, he would have very strongly considered whether it was the right time to leave had they lost to Hull in the FA Cup final.
Wilson defends Wenger to the hilt, insisting the continued Champions League qualification is success in itself, saying not enough credit is given for that.
- West Ham are ‘very close’ to signing Alex Song and Arsenal’s Carl Jen...
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Gunners fans wish Abou Diaby farewell as he is officially released by Arsenal [Tweets]
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez produces really classy gesture at Chile training [video]
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Chelsea fans enjoy new interview where Petr Cech jokes about Arsenal [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi