Bob Wilson: ‘Wenger may have decided to leave Arsenal had he failed to win FA Cup’ [BBC Five Live, Audio]
Former Arsenal keeper, goalkeeping coach and all-round gentleman Bob Wilson gave an interesting interview with BBC Radio Five Live yesterday, in which he intimated Wenger may have left this summer had he failed to win the FA Cup.
As a friend and former colleague of Wenger, Wilson chooses his words wisely; he doesn’t explicitly say he would have left, because they didn’t speak about it, but he says that ‘knowing Arsene like I do’, he would have very strongly considered whether it was the right time to leave had they lost to Hull in the FA Cup final.
Wilson defends Wenger to the hilt, insisting the continued Champions League qualification is success in itself, saying not enough credit is given for that.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Theo Walcott sounds like Conor McGregor, reveals secret to his resurgence (Video)September 27, 2016
- Santi Cazorla picks his all-time Arsenal XI, includes 1 player from current side (video)September 27, 2016
- Good news for Arsenal as Arsene Wenger confirms Francis Coquelin’s comeback timetableSeptember 27, 2016
- Taulant Xhaka: Granit needs more playing time at Arsenal [Blick]September 27, 2016
- Arsenal receive a worrying Francis Coquelin updateSeptember 25, 2016
- Ex Arsenal man scores Bergkamp esque goal in Eredivisie matchSeptember 25, 2016
- Arsene Wenger Trolls Chelsea & Cesc Fabregas with amusing song (442oons video)September 25, 2016
- Arsene Wenger shares a joke about Jose Mourinho in his presser (Video)September 25, 2016