- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Blatter to the Oxford Union: Zlatan is on Messi & Ronaldo’s level, CR7 spends more on haircuts, I prefer Messi
The Oxford Union scooped an amazing speaker on Friday night as Sepp Blatter, the president of Fifa, addressed a packed room of students in a 45-minute interview.
After talk on a range of subjects, Blatter’s grilling was rounded off by a simple question: Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo?
Blatter initially responded by correcting the questioner to include Swedish superstar Zlatan Ibrahimovic alongside the Barcelona and Real Madrid heroes, before the Swiss pensioner gave an energetic answer on one of world football’s most debated questions.
Blatter described the latter as a “good boy” and then turned his attentions to Ronaldo, raising himself out of his leather chair, puffing his chest out and attempted to mimic a moody, strutting Ronaldo. “The other one, he is like a commander on the field of play,” he said of the Portuguese, adding: “Ronaldo has more expenses for the hairdresser.”
Then came the killer line: “I like both of them but I prefer Messi.”
Watch Sepp Blatter’s talk at the Oxford Union below.
- Updated: October 29, 2013