Blackburn striker DJ Campbell arrested over match fixing; allegedly picked up deliberate booking v Ipswich
- December 9, 2013
Considering how in thrall English football is to gambling companies – you only have see the adverts during a live game for proof of this – we should not be surprised about the deluge of match fixing revelations.
The Sun is at the forefront of outing match fixing in English football and whilst we are not fans of their paywall, they should be praised for some excellent journalism.
For yesterday’s revelations see: Another crazy match fixing video: Sam Sodje tells the Sun on Sunday he can arrange bookings in the Championship.
Now plying his trade for Blackburn, DJ Campbell was one of six players questioned in connection with allegations of spot fixing in football matches.
Campbell, a 32-year-old striker, is by far the most well known of the group having played in the Premier League for Blackpool, QPR and Birmingham.
The source of the match fixing allegation surrounding DJ Campbell centres on a yellow card he picked up last Tuesday in the Championship match between Ipswich and Blackburn.
Blackburn lost 3-1 with Campbell booked in the 25th minute for a challenge on Aaron Cresswell.
The video below contains highlights of Ipswich 3 – Blackburn 1 with DJ Campbell having an early shot saved.
Unfortunately, we could not locate footage of the yellow card challenge… yet.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...