Bitter Pep Guardiola seeks revenge rematch between Bayern and MLS All-Stars next summer [SBNation]
Pep Guardiola was pretty ticked off at the rough tactics the MLS All-Stars used in their ‘friendly’ against Bayern Munich.
So much so that he wouldn’t even shake the opposition manager’s hand, persistently ignoring Caleb Porter’s attempts to make peace.
Rather than forgetting about the game, Guardiola apparently immediately sought revenge, with quotes reported by SB Nation.
The Bayern manager said: “We tried to play and we did. Congratulations to MLS for this victory. I hope they are going to invite us next year to try and make revenge and I hope to prepare a little bit better. Now, we will be sure [about] what was going on. We will prepare much better, that we will do it. I hope our invitation is coming.”
If he’s getting this worked up about a friendly we can expect to see Guardiola blow a fuse at some point in the new season as teams try to frustrate the German champions.
Watch Live Stream
- Adidas upload full Bayern Never Follows advert and it’s awesomely trippy (Video)August 24, 2016
- Bayern publish top 5 goals from pre-season training ft. Lewandowski & Thiago beauties (Video)August 18, 2016
- Bad news for Bayern Munich’s Kingsley Coman (Video)August 17, 2016
- Manuel Neuer blasts Man United boss Jose Mourinho [Bild]August 14, 2016
- Man City’s brand new Pep Guardiola song (Video)August 21, 2016
- Sergio Aguero fires Man City to another win on Pep Guardiola’s first trip to Stoke [Tweets]August 20, 2016
- Farewell: Pep Guardiola comments on Joe Hart and Yaya Toure’s futures at Man CityAugust 19, 2016
- Paper Backpages confused over Joe Hart’s Manchester City future after Guardiola axeAugust 17, 2016