Bild: Spurs offer €1.5m for Holtby, Schalke holding out for €2m – deal is very close
- January 27, 2013
Tottenham fans will be familiar with Daniel Levy’s late dealings in any transfer window and it looks like the north London club are just now getting their act together in the January 2013 transfer window.
Bild report late on Sunday night that Levy met with Schalke general manager Horst Heldt on Saturday night as a January move for Lewis Holtby moves ever closer.
Earlier this month, Spurs agreed to sign Schalke schemer Holtby on a free transfer at the end of the season but rumours have been rife for some time that the Premier League side would bring forward the transfer.
Now Bild say Tottenham offered 1.5 million euros to sign Holtby now but Schalke are holding out for 2 million euros.
The German newspaper adds that the German international is close to bidding farewell to his team mates and a “deal is close.”
Holtby will add further strength to the Spurs midfield and could fill in for Aaron Lennon and Gareth Bale who have struggled for a break in recent weeks.
After the shock FA Cup defeat at Leeds, Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas denied a late January move for a striker but reports this evening suggest Jermain Defoe could need surgery on a pelvic injury.
Video evidence of Lewis Holtby in action:
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...