Bild: Schalke & Spurs ask Arsenal about the availability of Lukas Podolski
- August 22, 2013
The main football story in Bild on Thursday morning surrounds the future of Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski.
Bild claim Schalke, Spurs, Wolfsburg and Galatasaray have all made enquiries about the availability of the German international.
Podolski has been utilised as a late substitute in the Arsenal matches against Aston Villa and Fenerbahce so far this season and could well be on his way out of the Emirates in the final weeks of the summer transfer window.
Schalke seem the most likely destination for Podolski with the Bundesliga side looking for more power up front but they may have to sell a player first to raise the necessary funds.
The link with Arsenal’s north London rivals Tottenham seems very unlikely with Spurs rarely buying players of 28 or above and as Podolski would surely be hesitant to make an acrimonious move down the Seven Sisters road.
The suspicion is that Bild are simply hawking Podolski around after he has struggled to establish himself under Arsene Wenger at Arsenal, rarely finishing the full 90 minutes when he did play in 2012/2013.
Podolski is quoted in Bild saying: “There are always requests.I have no influence. But I feel that I am appreciated here.The fact is I have a contract at Arsenal. There is no reason to leave the club. But football is very much a business. However, so far nothing has happened.”
Bild value Podolski at 23 million euros. And receives a salary of 7 million euros a year.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...