Bild say Manchester United are closing in on Robert Lewandowski after “mega offer”
- December 27, 2012
German newspaper Bild revealed a transfer exclusive late on Boxing Day – Manchester United are closing in on the signing of Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski.
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has reportedly tabled a “mega offer” worth five million euros a season to the Polish striker.
Borussia Dortmund will reportedly receive 22 million euros for Lewandowski who would be significantly improving his current salary of 2.5 million euros a season.
Bild say Lewandowski is close to accepting the move to Old Trafford and will compete with a spot up front next season against the likes of Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernandez and Danny Welbeck.
Dortmund signed Lewandowski for 4.5 million euros in 2010 and he would join up with former team mate Shinji Kagawa at Manchester United.
The 24-year-old striker has claimed 10 goals in 16 appearances this season for Dortmund after 22 in 34 Bundesliga games last campaign.
A compilation of Manchester United-bound Robert Lewandowski is on the video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...