- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal: ‘Because of his injuries, maybe we won’t buy Radamel Falcao’ [Video]
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho: ‘I enjoy the busy period’ [Video]
- Eliaquim Mangala shows off his silky skills with rainbow flicks at Manchester City training [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle: ‘Standing down would be the honourable thing for Dave Whelan to do’ [Video]
- Skills! PSG’s Javier Pastore pulls off (effective!) Rainbow Flick v Metz [Vine]
Bild: Bayern Munich sign Borussia Dortmund playmaker Mario Götze for €37m!!!
Bayern Munich have signed Mario Götze for 37 million euros from great rivals Borussia Dortmund.
According to Bild, the arrival of Pep Guardiola was just the beginning with the former Barcelona coach sanctioning what could go down as the biggest transfer of the summer.
Dortmund are powerless to stop Götze leaving with Bayern activating the release clause in his current contract.
Götze has already signed with Bayern Munich and will earn seven million euros per season as opposed to the five million euros he currently earns.
The timing of the announcement comes just a day before Bayern Munich play Barcelona in the Champions League with Dortmund of course facing Real Madrid on Wednesday.
Bayern are also due to play second placed Borussia Dortmund on May 4 in the Bundesliga and could also contest the Champions League final at Wembley on May 25.
Arsenal and Manchester City were also reportedly interested in Mario Götze.
- Updated: April 22, 2013