Bild: Bayern Munich sign Borussia Dortmund playmaker Mario Götze for €37m!!!
- April 22, 2013
Bayern Munich have signed Mario Götze for 37 million euros from great rivals Borussia Dortmund.
According to Bild, the arrival of Pep Guardiola was just the beginning with the former Barcelona coach sanctioning what could go down as the biggest transfer of the summer.
Dortmund are powerless to stop Götze leaving with Bayern activating the release clause in his current contract.
Götze has already signed with Bayern Munich and will earn seven million euros per season as opposed to the five million euros he currently earns.
The timing of the announcement comes just a day before Bayern Munich play Barcelona in the Champions League with Dortmund of course facing Real Madrid on Wednesday.
Bayern are also due to play second placed Borussia Dortmund on May 4 in the Bundesliga and could also contest the Champions League final at Wembley on May 25.
Arsenal and Manchester City were also reportedly interested in Mario Götze.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...