Bild: Bayern Munich sign Borussia Dortmund playmaker Mario Götze for €37m!!!
- April 22, 2013
Bayern Munich have signed Mario Götze for 37 million euros from great rivals Borussia Dortmund.
According to Bild, the arrival of Pep Guardiola was just the beginning with the former Barcelona coach sanctioning what could go down as the biggest transfer of the summer.
Dortmund are powerless to stop Götze leaving with Bayern activating the release clause in his current contract.
Götze has already signed with Bayern Munich and will earn seven million euros per season as opposed to the five million euros he currently earns.
The timing of the announcement comes just a day before Bayern Munich play Barcelona in the Champions League with Dortmund of course facing Real Madrid on Wednesday.
Bayern are also due to play second placed Borussia Dortmund on May 4 in the Bundesliga and could also contest the Champions League final at Wembley on May 25.
Arsenal and Manchester City were also reportedly interested in Mario Götze.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]