- Eric Abidal (Olympiakos) plays final professional game; Due to become coach at La Masia [Pictures]
- Great Acca! Back Atletico Madrid, Ajax & Juventus all to win on Thursday at 7/5!!!!
- Ciro Immobile ended his Bundesliga drought with a stunner for Dortmund v Wolfsburg [Official Video]
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus is fined €540,000 for driving without a licence [Bild]
- Real Sociedad 2 – Real Oviedo 0: Finnbogason stars for David Moyes’ men [Highlights]
Bild: Arsenal target Adam Szalai has a €15m release clause
For the second day running, German newspaper Bild link Mainz striker Adam Szalai with a move to Arsenal.
Yesterday we detailed how Bild believe Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has targeted Szalai as he looks for an alternative traditional target striker to Olivier Giroud.
This is updated today with the news that Szalai can leave Mainz for 15 million euros thanks to a clause in his contract which expires in 2015.
It is believed this 15 million euro clause may only apply in the summer so Arsenal may wait to make their move, unless the other interested clubs, Borussia Dortmund and Wolfsburg, attempt to sign Szalai this January.
Mainz manager Christian Heidel is quoted in the Bild article: “I can only say in the case of Szalai we are completely relaxed – because there is really nothing to worry about.”
With Theo Walcott on the verge of a new deal at Arsenal, it is questionable whether the Gunners truly are interested in Adam Szalai and this could well be posturing by the player or Mainz.
The 25-year-old has scored nine goals for Mainz this season, his best career tally so far. Video of the Hungarian striker in action is below.
- Updated: January 10, 2013