Bild: Arsenal target Adam Szalai has a €15m release clause
- January 10, 2013
For the second day running, German newspaper Bild link Mainz striker Adam Szalai with a move to Arsenal.
Yesterday we detailed how Bild believe Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has targeted Szalai as he looks for an alternative traditional target striker to Olivier Giroud.
This is updated today with the news that Szalai can leave Mainz for 15 million euros thanks to a clause in his contract which expires in 2015.
It is believed this 15 million euro clause may only apply in the summer so Arsenal may wait to make their move, unless the other interested clubs, Borussia Dortmund and Wolfsburg, attempt to sign Szalai this January.
Mainz manager Christian Heidel is quoted in the Bild article: “I can only say in the case of Szalai we are completely relaxed – because there is really nothing to worry about.”
With Theo Walcott on the verge of a new deal at Arsenal, it is questionable whether the Gunners truly are interested in Adam Szalai and this could well be posturing by the player or Mainz.
The 25-year-old has scored nine goals for Mainz this season, his best career tally so far. Video of the Hungarian striker in action is below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi