Big Sam: ‘Mr Flores seems proud of himself for simulating, he must feel guilty he’s got his manager sacked though!’
- February 7, 2014
The fallout from Andy Carroll’s sending off against Swansea last week – for a stray arm on Chico Flores, who laid the pain on pretty thick – is far from reaching an end just yet.
With Chico Flores engaging in some light trolling on Wednesday, mocking West Ham for their long ball play and standing over his belief that Carroll deserved to be sent off, Big Sam has now hit back.
Allardyce went on the attack in his presser, saying: ‘I see Mr Flores is pretty proud of himself with his tweeting…but he’s got away with simulation; but he’s got away with a bigger problem that this arbitration: he’s allowed us to say to our players you can simulate to get opponents sent off.
The other scenario he must feel more guilty about though – he’s just gotten his manager sacked.’
With Michael Laudrup being sacked from Swansea following the West Ham defeat, Big Sam’s dig that Flores was implicitly responsible won’t be met kindly by the Spanish defender, with a jab that seems a bit below the belt.
We definitely haven’t heard the last of this one!
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]