- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
- David De Gea has turned down Real Madrid, set to sign new 5-year Man United contract [Express]
- Chelsea’s Fernando Torres could move to Atletico Madrid on loan in January [Chiringuito]
- Arsenal lining up £26m January bid for Barcelona’s Pedro [Express]
- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
Big Sam: ‘Mr Flores seems proud of himself for simulating, he must feel guilty he’s got his manager sacked though!’
The fallout from Andy Carroll’s sending off against Swansea last week – for a stray arm on Chico Flores, who laid the pain on pretty thick – is far from reaching an end just yet.
With Chico Flores engaging in some light trolling on Wednesday, mocking West Ham for their long ball play and standing over his belief that Carroll deserved to be sent off, Big Sam has now hit back.
Allardyce went on the attack in his presser, saying: ‘I see Mr Flores is pretty proud of himself with his tweeting…but he’s got away with simulation; but he’s got away with a bigger problem that this arbitration: he’s allowed us to say to our players you can simulate to get opponents sent off.
The other scenario he must feel more guilty about though – he’s just gotten his manager sacked.’
With Michael Laudrup being sacked from Swansea following the West Ham defeat, Big Sam’s dig that Flores was implicitly responsible won’t be met kindly by the Spanish defender, with a jab that seems a bit below the belt.
We definitely haven’t heard the last of this one!
- Updated: February 7, 2014