Betting tips for South Korea v Algeria: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- June 21, 2014
South Korea: Jung Sung-ryong; Yuk Suk-young , Kim Young-gwon, Hong Jeong-ho, Lee Young-joon; Ki Sung-yueng, Han Kook-young, Koo Ja-cheol, Son Heung-min, Lee Chung-yong; Park Chu-young.
Algeria: M’bolhi; Ghoulam, Bougherra, Halliche, Mostefa; Bentaleb, Medjani, Mahrez, Feghouli, Taider; Soudani.
101GG Betting Tip:
South Korea will face Algeria in Porto Alegre on Sunday in matchday 2 of Group H, after both nations lost points in the first round against Russia and Belgium, respectively.
The South Koreans were looking sharp against Fabio Capello’s side and went up 1:0 through a Lee Keunho shot, who in turn benefitted from a terrible Akinfeev error in goal. The Russians quickly recovered and equalized only six minutes later for the final scoreline. Despite the disappointing result, Korea’s manager Hong Myung-bo will be able to look optimistic into his side’s World Cup future, knowing his men are going in the right direction .
“I want to thank to my players, who did their best until the last minute. I think it worked well. The condition of the players and the organisation of the team was good,” said the former LA Galaxy Sweeper.
Algeria surprised everyone with their first half penalty against the Belgians, but failed to create more chances later on the game. Their defensive approach ultimately cost them their lead, and allowed the Red Devils to turn around the game. Overall, the Algerian penalty was the only shot on target managed throughout the entire fixture. Moreover, the North African side attempted merely three shots on goal, tied for the fewest of the tournament’s first round with Iran.
Bottom line: expect the South Koreans to dictate the pace and style of play, and Algeria to defend aggressively. The Reds are overall a better side, and are likely to find a way to goal despite the likely defensive nature of the opposition.
101GG Prediction: South Korea 1 – Algeria 0
Some essential facts and stats to help with online betting:
The nations’ only previous meeting was in a friendly on 14 December 1985 in Mexico, with the game ending in a 2-0 win for South Korea.
South Korea are unbeaten in their two previous World Cup games against African sides, winning against Togo in 2006 (2-1) and drawing against Nigeria in 2010 (2-2).
South Korea have won just one of their last six World Cup group stage games.
Algeria have scored just two goals in their last 11 hours and 25 minutes of World Cup football.
- Spurs midfielder Nabil Bentaleb finishes off quality Algeria goal v Seychelles [video]
- After a cock-up at Algeria training, Spurs’ Nabil Bentaleb gets hit round the hea...
- Amazing spinning backheel golazo by Algerian U12 player v South Africa [GIF]
- Porto midfielder Yacine Brahimi pulled off a Zidane roulette for Algeria v Ethiopia [Vi...
- Algeria record a fifth straight win beating Ethiopia 3-1 [Video]
- Algeria qualify for the African Cup of Nations with convincing 3-0 win over Malawi [Hig...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...