Betting tips for South Korea v Algeria: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- June 21, 2014
South Korea: Jung Sung-ryong; Yuk Suk-young , Kim Young-gwon, Hong Jeong-ho, Lee Young-joon; Ki Sung-yueng, Han Kook-young, Koo Ja-cheol, Son Heung-min, Lee Chung-yong; Park Chu-young.
Algeria: M’bolhi; Ghoulam, Bougherra, Halliche, Mostefa; Bentaleb, Medjani, Mahrez, Feghouli, Taider; Soudani.
101GG Betting Tip:
South Korea will face Algeria in Porto Alegre on Sunday in matchday 2 of Group H, after both nations lost points in the first round against Russia and Belgium, respectively.
The South Koreans were looking sharp against Fabio Capello’s side and went up 1:0 through a Lee Keunho shot, who in turn benefitted from a terrible Akinfeev error in goal. The Russians quickly recovered and equalized only six minutes later for the final scoreline. Despite the disappointing result, Korea’s manager Hong Myung-bo will be able to look optimistic into his side’s World Cup future, knowing his men are going in the right direction .
“I want to thank to my players, who did their best until the last minute. I think it worked well. The condition of the players and the organisation of the team was good,” said the former LA Galaxy Sweeper.
Algeria surprised everyone with their first half penalty against the Belgians, but failed to create more chances later on the game. Their defensive approach ultimately cost them their lead, and allowed the Red Devils to turn around the game. Overall, the Algerian penalty was the only shot on target managed throughout the entire fixture. Moreover, the North African side attempted merely three shots on goal, tied for the fewest of the tournament’s first round with Iran.
Bottom line: expect the South Koreans to dictate the pace and style of play, and Algeria to defend aggressively. The Reds are overall a better side, and are likely to find a way to goal despite the likely defensive nature of the opposition.
101GG Prediction: South Korea 1 – Algeria 0
Some essential facts and stats to help with online betting:
The nations’ only previous meeting was in a friendly on 14 December 1985 in Mexico, with the game ending in a 2-0 win for South Korea.
South Korea are unbeaten in their two previous World Cup games against African sides, winning against Togo in 2006 (2-1) and drawing against Nigeria in 2010 (2-2).
South Korea have won just one of their last six World Cup group stage games.
Algeria have scored just two goals in their last 11 hours and 25 minutes of World Cup football.
Watch Live Stream
- Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez scores a stunning free kick golazo for Algeria (Video)September 4, 2016
- Riyad Mahrez picks out Saphir Taider for Paul Scholes-esque wonder volley (Video)March 26, 2016
- Faouzi Ghoulam scores fantastic free-kick golazo for Algeria v Tanzania (video)November 18, 2015
- Algeria maestro Yacine Brahimi pulls off ridiculous nutmeg in build-up to Riyad Mahrez goal (Video)November 17, 2015
- Spurs star Son desperate to reach the World Cup (video)October 10, 2016
- Son Heung-min on the best city in the world and his best friends at Tottenham (Video)October 6, 2016
- Spurs star Son scores again for South Korea & pulls out the Dab (video)October 6, 2016
- Tottenham’s Heung-Min Son scores a beauty for South Korea v Germany (Video)August 8, 2016