Betting tips for Nigeria v Scotland: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- May 28, 2014
Nigeria: Enyeama, Elderson, Ambrose, Oboabona, Omeruo, Mikel, Onazi, Moses, Emenike, Musa, Uchebo.
Scotland: McGregor, Hutton, Mulgrew, Hanley, Martin, Greer, Bannan, Morrison, Brown, Naismith, Griffiths
101GG Betting Tip
Wednesday night’s international friendly has be clouded in controversy after claims that the match at Fulham’s Craven Cottage has been targeted by match-fixers.
With that issue set to one side, Nigeria, the reigning African Nations champions, will be looking to get their World Cup preparations off to a positive start when they take on Gordon Srachan’s Tartan Army.
The Super Eagles will head to Brazil believing they can finish second in their group, in which they face Argentina, Bosnia and Iran.
With a backbone of Premier League based players – Peter Odemwingie, Victor Moses and John Obi Mikel – plus the likes of CSKA Moscow’s talented young forward Ahmed Musa and Fenerbahce’s powerful striker Emmanuel Emenike, Stephen Keshi’s Nigeria could be a dark horse this summer.
As for Scotland, they head into the match with aims of restructuring their national team ahead of the qualifiers for Euro 2016.
Scotland are in a period of transition after failing t o reach the World Cup, however their manager Gordon Strachan is trying his best to keep things simple in his squad. He ssaid:
Nigeria are going to the World Cup. They have strong, talented players, so it will be a test for us. That’s for sure.
First of all, we’ll try and win the game. It’s not that complicated, football. You get the ball, you try to score. You haven’t got the ball, you don’t let them score – it’s not that complicated.
101GG Prediction: Nigeria 2 – Scotland 1
Some essential facts to help with online betting:
Scotland are the second-highest ranked team (in FIFA rankings) not to feature in Brazil.
Scotland are unbeaten in 5 games, winning matches against Macedonia, Croatia, Norway, Poland, and drawing against the U.S.
Nigeria are unbeaten in 6 matches, with wins over Mozambique, South Africa, Morocco, Zimbabwe, as well as draws against Mexico and Ghana.
- Spurs wonderkid Musa Yahaya bags rabona assist & solo golazo v Brazil U20 [Videos]
- Bernard Bulbwa (Nigeria U20) unbelievable flick & volley golazo in final v Senegal [Vine &...
- Reigning champions Nigeria fail to qualify for ACN after drawing with South Africa [Full Highlights]
- The best Tweets as France leave it late to beat Nigeria 2-0
- Bookies offer giant odds on Germany beating Ireland & the Scotland-Poland match
- Thomas Muller guides Germany to 3-2 win in Scotland (Official highlights)
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil’s impressive Individual highlights from Germany’s 3-2 win (Vi...
- Thomas Muller takes the plaudits after Germany beat Scotland in thriller (Best Tweets)