Betting tips for Nigeria v Bosnia-Herzegovina: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- June 20, 2014
Nigeria: Enyeama; Ambrose Emuobo, Oshaniwa, Omeruo, Yobo; Mikel, Musa, Onazi, Azeez, Moses; Emenike.
Godfrey Oboabona was ruled out with an ankle injury, while Kenneth Omeruo, Ahmed Musa and Reuben Gabriel are doubts.
Bosnia: Begovic; Mujdza, Kolasinac, Bicakcic, Spahic; Besic, Hajrovic, Pjanic, Ibisevic, Lulic; Dzeko.
Sejad Salihovic is the only injury worry for Bosnia and Herzegovina after picking up a knock in training.
101GG Betting Tip:
Nigeria will face Bosnia on Saturday, as both teams will enter the second round of Group F looking to bag their first win.
Bosnia gave a decent account of themselves against one of the tournament’s favourites Argentina, but they ultimately fell short 1:2 after 90 minutes due to an own goal and a sublime solo effort by Leo Messi.
“We haven’t shown everything we are capable of yet,” Bosnia-Herzegovina coach Safet Susic said. “I hope that Argentina will win their other two games, because if they do then the second spot will be between Iran, Nigeria and Bosnia . I am convinced that we still have everything to play for.”
Susic is expected to feature Stuttgart’s striker Vedad Ibisevic in the starting XI, after his substitution proved a key element in Bosnia’s game, scoring the goal against Argentina in the second half and resurrecting the Eastern European’s chances in the game.
Elsewhere, leading striker Edin Dzeko will be looking to get off the mark in Brazil, while at the back the Bosnians will be looking to shut up shop against the Super Eagles.
Nigeria were held to a goalless draw against Iran on Sunday, after dominating much of the fixture, with 63% possession, 6-3 shots on target, as well as 7-2 corners. Nigeria simply could not find its way past the dense Iranian defence, and will hope to do better against a side playing more openly.
Much had been hoped for Nigeria after they won the recent African Cup of Nations, however the match against Iran was a major letdown.
The African will be hoping that Fenerbahce striker Emmanuel Emenike (15 goals in 32 appearances last season) will have a better match against the Eastern Europeans, while more will also be expected of Chelsea’s attacking midfielder Victor Moses.
Bosnia has more quality in its squad, and while Nigeria is definitely not a walk in the park, the Eastern Europeans should not have a problem overcoming this hurdle and positioning themselves as the second team to emerge out of Group F behind Argentina.
101GG Prediction: Nigeria 1 – Bosnia 2
Some facts and stats to help with online betting:
This will be the first ever game between Nigeria and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Nigeria have won four, lost four and drawn once against European sides at the World Cup.
Nigeria haven’t won any of their last nine World Cup games, their last victory was a 1-0 over Bulgaria in 1998.
Vedad Ibisevic netted Bosnia-Herzegovina’s first ever World Cup goal against Argentina. He had already found the net eight times in the European World Cup qualifiers.
Five of the last six goals Nigeria have conceded at the World Cup have come from set-pieces.
No player was involved in more goals than Edin Dzeko in the European qualifiers (14 – 10 goals, 4 assists).B
- Belgium spank Bosnia-Herzegovina 4-1 in U17 European Championship qualifying [Video]
- Asmir Begovic talks of Gareth Bale’s “freakish” threat pre Wales v B-H
- Back Wales at a massive 6/1 to beat Bosnia-Herzegovina!!!!!!
- Stoke & Bosnia goalkeeper Asmir Begovic assesses Brazil v Germany on The Guardian&...
- BETTING TIP: Back Iran to beat terrible Bosnia at 13/5 for one of the great World Cup s...
- Edin Dzeko’s offside goal for Bosnia-Herzegovina v Nigeria in cartoon format
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...