Betting tips for Manchester City v Southampton: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- April 4, 2014
Predicted Line Ups:
Manchester City: Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov; Fernandinho, Silva, Toure; Navas, Negredo, Nasri;
Matija Nastasic remains injured while Sergio Aguero and Micah Richards should return. City have won three of their last six fixtures with two losses and a draw – averaging a scoreline of 2-1.
Southampton: Boruc; Chambers, Lovren, Jose Fonte, Shaw; Ward-Prowse, Davis, Cork; Lallana, Lambert, Rodriguez.
Maya Yoshida, Nathaniel Clyne, Victor Wanyama and Kelvin Davis remain injured with no returns expected.
The young Saints were given an opportunity this year by Mauricio Pochettino, and have really risen to the challenge as Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse, Adam Lallana and Jay Rodriguez are on the verge of helping their team to a hugely creditable finishing position, with Europe still an outside chance.
Rodriguez has caught the eye in particular and five goals in his last four Premier League outings will mean the City back-line have to be extremely vigilant. Opposite number Edin Dzeko has thrived for his team since Pellegrini took over from Roberto Mancini and he is likely to remain the focal point of the attack for another weekend as Sergio Aguero nurses his hamstring problem.
Some essential stats to help with online betting:
Edin Dzeko has scored in two of his three Barclays Premier League games against Southampton.
Southampton have won five and lost three of their last 10 Premier League games against Man City, but have lost twice during their last two visits to the Etihad Stadium.
Southampton have dropped more points from winning positions than any other team in the Premier League (18).
48 points after 32 games is Southampton’s best ever haul in Premier League history and they have also scored more goals (49) than ever before at this stage.
Manchester City have won 15, drawn three and lost just one of their last 19 Premier League matches.
Jay Rodriguez has scored five goals in his last four Premier League games. The only English player to score more PL goals than Rodriguez (15) this season is Daniel Sturridge (20).
Only Luis Suarez (11) has more goal assists than Rickie Lambert (10) in the Premier League this season.
Manchester City have used fewer players than any other team in the Premier League this season (23).
Man City have averaged more goals per game at home than any other team in the Premier League (3.43).
Watch Live Stream
- Man United & Man City to fight it out for £45m rated John Stones [M.E.N]May 25th, 2016
- Martin Demichelis picks more Man United than Man City players in dream 5-a-side team (Video)May 25th, 2016
- N’Golo Kante rejects new Leicester deal, Arsenal remain favourites [La Parisien]May 25th, 2016
- Manchester City to announce £20m deal for Dortmund star Ilkay Gundogan today [BILD]May 24th, 2016
- Kelvin Davis’ son scores a super penalty v his dad, Saints hero Matt Le Tissier missed a sp...May 18th, 2016
- FPL GW38: Arsenal & Southampton to finish strong, Harry Kane & Jamie Vardy’s scor...May 13th, 2016
- BBC team of the week: 3 Southampton stars, 2 Black Cats, two Foxes & a Man United defenderMay 9th, 2016
- Ryan Bertrand celebrates Southampton win at Spurs with Instagram videoMay 8th, 2016