Betting tips for Liverpool v Manchester City: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- April 12, 2014
Liverpool: Mignolet; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanagan; Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho; Sterling, Sturridge, Suárez.
The Red’s boss Brendan Rodgers made one change last weekend replacing Daniel Agger with Mamadou Sakho at centre-back. The Danish International was out with a knee injury but has since returned to training and is available again for action. Rodgers is now forced to decide whether to let him start or keep Sakho, who functioned well alongside Skrtel in the win against West Ham. Jose Enrique remains sidelined with a knee problem.
Manchester City: Hart; Zabaleta, Demichelis, Kompany, Clichy; Fernandinho, Y. Toure; Navas, Silva, Nasri; Aguero.
Yaya Toure has recovered from a knock sustained in last week’s win over Southampton and will be available for the Citizens, while Matija Nastasic remains sidelined with a knee injury. Sergio Aguero will return to action after recovering from a hamstring injury.
101GG Betting Tip:
According to the hype-masters, Liverpool versus Manchester City is the match that will define who wins this season’s Premier League title race.
Liverpool look like the favourites for the Super Sunday clash having won all four games against the top seven clubs so far this season. Moreover, the Reds have registered those wins impressively, scoring 14 and conceding just once.
By contrast Man City have not had much luck in Anfield in recent years. Their last win dates back to May 2003, and they have since lost 10 and drawn 5: a bleak statistic for the Citizens.
On a more positive note, City Boss Manuel Pellegrini faces a selection dilemma with Sergio Aguero returning to full training and ready for action. Either he will start the Spanish International alongside Edin Dzeko or as the lone striker, while Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetic could serve as alternatives from the bench.
Some essential facts to help with online betting:
Liverpool (90 goals) and Man City (84 goals) are the two highest scoring clubs in the Premier League this season.
This game will feature the two players with the most goals from dead ball situations in the Premier League this season (free kicks and penalties) – Steven Gerrard (12 goals) and Yaya Toure (10 goals).
Gerrard has also accumulated the most assists from dead ball situations this season in the Premier League (7).
Man City forward Sergio Aguero, who is returning to action against Liverpool, has scored in five successive Premier League appearances and has netted six goals in his last six away games in the competition.
The only forward duo in Premier League history to score more goals than Suarez & Sturridge have this season (49) are Peter Beardsley and Andy Cole for Newcastle in 1993-94 (55).
Since he joined Man City on the eve of 2010-11, David Silva has more assists than any other player in the Premier League (39).
The two defenders with the most assists in the Premier League this season are Man City’s Aleksandar Kolarov (6) and Pablo Zabaleta (5).
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge urges Mario Gotze to leave amid Liverpool interestMay 26th, 2016
- Martin Skrtel’s days at Liverpool are almost certainly over, confirms agentMay 25th, 2016
- Loris Karius says he intends to uproot Simon Mignolet as Liverpool number one (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Liverpool “very close” to completing €60m deal for Porto star Yacine Brahimi [A Bola]May 25th, 2016
- Man United & Man City to fight it out for £45m rated John Stones [M.E.N]May 25th, 2016
- Martin Demichelis picks more Man United than Man City players in dream 5-a-side team (Video)May 25th, 2016
- N’Golo Kante rejects new Leicester deal, Arsenal remain favourites [La Parisien]May 25th, 2016
- Manchester City to announce £20m deal for Dortmund star Ilkay Gundogan today [BILD]May 24th, 2016