Betting tips for Japan v Colombia: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- June 24, 2014
Japan: Kawashima; Uchida, Yoshida, Hasebe, Nagatomo; Morishige, Yamaguchi; Okazaki, Honda, Kagawa; Osako.
Colombia: Ospina; Zuniga, Zapata, Yepes, Armero; Aguilar, Sanchez; Cuadrado, Gutierrez, Rodriguez; Ibarbo.
Fredy Guarin is available again following his suspension.
101GG Betting Tip:
Japan gets a last chance at reaching the knockout stages when they meet Colombia in Cuiaba on Tuesday.
The reigning AFC champions have failed to impress thus far in the competition, falling to Ivory Coast 1:2 during the first round, and drawing against Greece in the second.
Colombia on the other managed to win both of their first two games, securing their spot in the Round of 16, and doing so in style. After embarrassing Greece in a one sided display to open their campaign, they overcame Ivory Coast 2:1 in the second match, scoring two goals within six minutes.
Jose Perkerman has shown why his side was considered by many the dark horses of the competition. The Colombians play a positive, proactive, attacking style football, and don’t just lurk for counter-attacks like many of the other teams in the competition.
If Japan desires to extend their stay in Brazil they need to beat the Colombians and hope Greece outshines the Ivory Coast. This task will only be realistic for the Blue Samurai if their stars Shinji Kagawa and Keisuke Honda finally take more responsibility up front and drive the hibernated and stale looking front line towards goal.
101GG Predicition: Japan 1 – Colombia 2
Some essential facts and stats to help with online betting on Japan v Colombia
This will be the third ever meeting between these sides.
Juan Cuadrado has now provided more assists at a single World Cup since 1966 than any other Colombian player.
James Rodriguez has scored in each of his last four appearances for Colombia.
Rodriguez is the second Colombian player to score in consecutive World Cup games (after Adolfo Valencia in 1994).
Brazil is the first World Cup in which Colombia have won more than once.
Japan have scored only one goal in their last three World Cup games.
Colombia have only won one of their four final group games at previous World Cups.
Watch Live Stream
- Colombian international Diego Osorio arrested at airport with 1.145kg of cocaineOctober 14, 2016
- Mother of James Rodriguez shares sick death threats sent to Real Madrid starOctober 9, 2016
- Brazil v Colombia: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-07August 31, 2016
- Neymar scores a free-kick & starts a fight in Brazil’s 2-0 win over Colombia (Videos)August 14, 2016
- Australia v Japan: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-10-11October 6, 2016
- Arsenal striker Takuma Asano scores in 2-0 Japan win (Video)September 6, 2016
- Bizarre: Godzilla takes a penalty in Japan before J-League match (Video)July 24, 2016
- Leicester forward Shinji Okazaki scored a lovely goal for Japan v Afghanistan (Video)March 24, 2016