Betting tips for Greece v Ivory Coast: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- June 24, 2014
Greece: Karnezis, Holebas, Torosidis, Papastathopoulos, Manolas, Karagounis, Kone, Maniatis, Samaras, Gekas & Salpingidis.
Kostas Katsouranis is suspended after being sent off versus Japan. Both Mitroglu and Fetfatzidis came off injured in the previous match and are doubtful.
Ivory Coast: Barry, Boka, Bamba, Aurier, Kolo Toure, Tiote, Serey Die, Yaya Toure, Gervinho, Bony & Drogba.
Didier Zokora is suspended. Once again, for the third time in the tournament, Didier Drogba is tipped to start, but has come off the bench in the previous two matches.
101GG Betting Tip:
Fortaleza hosts one of the most intriguing final games of the World Cup as defensive Greece take on Ivory Coast and their collection of world stars, desperate to finally progress from the group stage of this major tournament.
Colombia are definitely through but can mathematically still finish second. Ivory Coast, Japan and Greece can all still qualify but the Flying Elephants are the clear favourites.
Two points ahead of Greece and Japan, if Ivory Coast win they are through and Japan need a big goal swing to pip them if the Flying Elephants draw.
Were Greece to score their first goal of the tournament and beat Ivory Coast, they would simply need to better the Japan result to go through.
The carrot for second place in Group C would appear to be a meeting with Costa Rica – the almost certain winners of Group D.
Greece have lived up to their trademark style of play and been boring and defensive despite the World Cup throwing up tons of attacking excitement.
It would be a surprise were they to throw off the shackles and take down Ivory Coast to reach the knockout rounds of the World Cup for the first time in their history.
But, the Ivory Coast defence is fairly brittle and whilst they have great players up front, Greece will likely be presented with a chance or two.
One other factor to take into account, is that Kolo and Yaya Toure’s younger brother Ibrahim tragically passed away last week which could affect whether they play and if they do, could well spur them on to great things.
101gg prediction: Greece 0 – Ivory Coast 3.
Some essential facts and stats to help with online betting on Greece v Ivory Coast
Greece and Ivory Coast have never met in an international match before.
Greece and Iran are the only two teams in the competition yet to score a goal.
The last time Ivory Coast kept a clean sheet was over 9 games ago, in July 2013.
Greece have failed to score in 7 of their past 8 World Cup matches.
The Flying Elephants have only netted the first goal once in their past 8 World Cup matches.
Gervinho will become the first African to notch in three successive matches at the World Cup, should he score for Ivory Coast against Greece.
- Incredible Faroe Islands dressing room celebrations after beating Greece 2-1 [Video]
- Faroe Islands beat Greece for the second time: The best Tweets & jokes
- Shocking: A taxi ferrying Greek players to the airport in Budapest had a fatal accident...
- Panagiotis Kone threatens to punch Chelsea’s Nemanja Matic… reconsiders ver...
- Nemanja Gudelj scores glorious long-range cracker for Serbia against Greece [Vine and V...
- Lazaros Christodoulopoulos pulls off brilliant nuts for Greece against Serbia [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi