Betting tips for Derby v Brighton: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- May 11, 2014
Derby County: Grant; Wisdom, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth; Thorne, Bryson, Hendrick; Russell, Ward, Martin.
Craig Bryson is a doubt, while captain Shaun Barker, James O’Connor, and midfielder Paul Coutts remain sidelined.
Brighton: Kuszczak, Calderon, Greer, Upson, Ward; Andrews, Forster-Caskey, Lingard; Orlandi, Ulloa, Buckley.
Matt Upson and Will Buckley are doubts for Sunday, while Dale Stephens and Andrew Crofts remain sidelined due to injuries. Bruno could return after having recovered from a groin injury.
101GG Betting Tip:
Following Derby’s 2-1 victory in the first leg of the Championship playoff semifinals, the Rams are now in the box seat going into Sunday’s game at the iPro stadium.
Derby, who surged up the Championship table after Steve McClaren was installed as their boss early in the season, were the pre-tie favourites against Brighton, and after winning at the AmEx stadium last time out, most will expected Derby to complete the job on home soil.
No Championship side has ever turned a home loss to proceed to the finals, but Brighton boss Oscar Garcia insists his men are capable of making history on Sunday, “it’s something we can think about and it could be a good reason to motivate the players more. We have to believe, we need to believe and we will go there to get a result,” said the Seagulls coach.
Were Brighton to lose to Derby, then it would be the second season in a row the Seagulls have got into the playoffs only to fall at the first hurdle.
Derby have now won 6 out of their last 7 games and have managed to beat Brighton in all three matches thus far this season.
Smart money is on a Rams win. But in the playoffs, anything can happen.
101GG Prediction: Derby 2 – Brighton 2
Some essential facts to help with online betting:
Derby won the last meeting between the sides at the iPro Stadium, 1-0 in January.
Brighton’s last win against Derby was 2-1 at home in January last year.
Derby have won six of their past seven games, drawing one. Their last defeat was 1-0 at Middlesbrough on 5 April.
Derby scored 84 league goals this season – the most in the Championship.
Coming into the playoffs, Brighton were unbeaten in their last eight league games, winning four. Their last defeat in the league was 2-0 against Middlesbrough at home on 29 March.
Brighton conceded just 40 goals in the Championship this season – only Burnley conceded fewer.
Watch Live Stream
- Brighton v Nottingham Forest: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-08-12August 8, 2016
- Sheffield Wednesday v Brighton: Championship playoff preview, live streaming & predicted line upsMay 13, 2016
- Middlesbrough secure Premier League promotion with a 1-1 draw v Brighton (Official highlights)May 8, 2016
- Middlesbrough v Brighton: Championship preview, live streaming & predicted line upsMay 6, 2016
- There was an incredible halftime show at the Derby v Blackburn game (Video)September 25, 2016
- Derby 0 – Liverpool 3 (official highlights video)September 22, 2016
- Derby v Liverpool: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-20September 19, 2016
- Gourcuff (Golazo) & Yedlin guide Newcastle to 2-0 win at Derby (Official video)September 11, 2016